(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: New RO, Reverse osmosis

Hybrid View

Default New RO, Reverse osmosis

http://next-ro.com/index.php?c=Deale...sinessBenefits

This is a very nice "little unit" that really puts out the water. Compared to anything out there that I have seen, it produces more water and delivers it faster. What I really like about it stat it is installed in a very short time and takes up very little space and provides a full 1.5 gallons at full pressure. Because it is a WOW tank its waste is minimum and production is very fast.

what pushes the water out to the ro tap if it does not use air pressure in the tank?

DIYer, not in the trades LLigetfa's Avatar

A WOW tank has water on both sides of the bladder. Water pressure on one side pushes out the RO water out from the other side.

Most RO tanks have two chambers. One with product water taking up 30% of the tank. The other is air charged with around 7-9psi. As water goes the faucet, it loses pressure until the water just dribbles out.

With a WOW tank, your source water pressure drive to water. This can mean your water is being pushed by 40-60 psi and continues until the tank is empty without diminishing.

There are many other great benefits with this RO.

Water systems designer, R&D ditttohead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Next-Ro is a spectacular design but it has struggled to gain traction yet. I beleive that with the right marketing, this can be a huge hit in our industry. Most water treatement dealers who have been around a long time are familiar with the WOW design from previous manufacturers. The older designs were innovative, but they were ahead of their time and the complexity of the systems were their failure. The Next-RO has removed the majority of the problems associated with a WOW design. Still, for the water treatment industry, a standard (traditional) RO works well in the majority of applications, the simple addition of a Permeate Pump increases the efficiency tremendously for very little additional cost. I am a huge fan of the Next-Ro, I just dont see our industry embracing it for a while. It has been around for many years now, and the interest has been low. This is too bad, because a WOW design makes sense.

I agree with the premise of WOW design. It is how membrane technology first started to be. That and continuous waste to the drain, which kept the membrane fresh. But water storage/space needs and waste control began to restrict ROs full potential. The WOW eliminates a few of those problems and we will see these become standard in the coming years...a lot manual shifts were once called 'standard' transmissions so will go the air-charged tank.

Quote Originally Posted by ditttohead View Post
    The Next-Ro is a spectacular design but it has struggled to gain traction yet. I beleive that with the right marketing, this can be a huge hit in our industry. Most water treatement dealers who have been around a long time are familiar with the WOW design from previous manufacturers. The older designs were innovative, but they were ahead of their time and the complexity of the systems were their failure. The Next-RO has removed the majority of the problems associated with a WOW design. Still, for the water treatment industry, a standard (traditional) RO works well in the majority of applications, the simple addition of a Permeate Pump increases the efficiency tremendously for very little additional cost. I am a huge fan of the Next-Ro, I just dont see our industry embracing it for a while. It has been around for many years now, and the interest has been low. This is too bad, because a WOW design makes sense.
    The NEXT-RO looks advantageous. Why has interest in NEXT-RO been low? Marketing? Cost compared to a standard RO + Permeate Pump? Are there any issues with the design that have not yet been addressed?

Thanks.