well water pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

ugabulldog

Reaction score
How much psi should I have from well to tank, the same as my cut in and out settings?? If this helps, I have a submersible pump about 240' deep, well is about 380' from house, 1" pvc. Tank cut in at 30 psi, off at 60 psi. The reason I am asking is I have a pressure relief valve at top of well, it is leaking when pump runs, I have adjusted it all the way up to 175psi and it still leaks when pump runs.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
From another thread I was lead to believe that ugabulldog has a prefilter and a micronizer to aerate the water for iron filtering. A micronizer can be a significant flow restriction and can raise the pressure at the wellhead. How much, I don't know. If the PRV worked up until now and just recently started popping off, I would suspect it is either bad or the prefilter/micronizer is partially clogged.

ugabulldog

Reaction score
Hi LL, I cleaned the filter, it was very durty but relief valve is still leaking, can't really check the micronizer, but it is still sucking air....thanks again for your help. I might ry another prv or just cap off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks