Addition Plumbing System. Need Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

JERRY500

Reaction score
I am building an addition to my home and need some advice. attached is a drawing I made. Please advise me of any changes that need to be made.

Attachments

• plumb2.JPG
    plumb2.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 348

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drawing

Normally, you would submit the drawing with your plans to the building department and they would either accept or refuse it. That layout would not pass here without additional vents and the double lavatory setup would be less than desirable. And the CW is not complete.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Every plumbing fixture there needs a vent.
I also notice that the lavs are in a corner, so each lav will need a vent there too.
I have seen layouts like yours where the lavs face each other in such a way as only one person can use a lav at a time.
When you place people in front of the lav (sinks) they will be fighting for elbow space. It's more like a single work person stations. A bowl for the left and a bowl for the right hand. Certainly not for two people at once.

Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk Plumbing Inspector Lincoln County

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks