Bathtub faucet hard to turn off

Users who are viewing this thread

ubroosm

Reaction score
I have an old Moen single pull-on bathtub faucet that controls temp by turning the plastic handle left and right. It has become very hard to shut the water off. Is there a way to 'grease' the handle to make it easier to shut off? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Not sure, but they may make a rebuild kit for your valve. It probably contains new o-rings and maybe a few other parts (usually not very expensive). Might be time for this. Sometimes these kits come with grease. You might also be able to find info on their web site.

Stephnej

Reaction score
I had the same problem and I just replaced the old with the new. it shuts off easily and it looks better. price and instillation was all good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks