Hot/Cold Reversed on Moen Single Handle Shower Knob

Users who are viewing this thread

sixgun95

Reaction score
Had a plumber come by yesterday and he installed a new stem. Now the hot/cold is reversed. Really want the hot back on the left side. I read here that all you do is remove the handle and turn the stem 180 degrees? How do you turn the stem? Does it matter if I turn it clockwise or counterclockwise?

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
Had a plumber come by yesterday and he installed a new stem. Now the hot/cold is reversed. Really want the hot back on the left side. I read here that all you do is remove the handle and turn the stem 180 degrees? How do you turn the stem? Does it matter if I turn it clockwise or counterclockwise?

yes remove the handle and turn 180 degrees with some pliers. Turn it either direction. You do not have to turn the water off. It is simple...dont try to make it hard.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Depending on the valve, you either turn the stem or the entire cartridge. If you pull the handle to turn it on, then you rotate the stem. If you turn the handle to start the flow, then you have to extract the cartridge and turn the entire thing 180 degrees.

gere

Reaction score
Thank you so very much. Husband & I followed your advice and in a few seconds it was fixed. Didn't want to bother the plumber for such a small matter! This is my first time on this site and my compliments.

gere

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks