do i need a new well

Users who are viewing this thread

98vert6spd

Reaction score
Bought this rental property about 6 months ago
well has been low producer since purchased.

its in an area where there are tons of lakes and theres even one about 200 ft from the well

not alot of room to drill a new well as i have very little room between house and road

current well is a 4 inch about 50 ft deep. uses a jet pump

the neighbors well is 196 ft and others in the neighborhood are all over the place between 39 ft and 196 ft.

my well is producing a lot of sand and about 1gpm

well guy came out baled it, and said its shot drill a new one and wants 7700 for a 125 footer.

Im pretty tight on cash right now. so id love to know if this is the final answer.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
It is always nice to have a good well. But 1 GPM is 1440 gallons per day. You could filter the sand out, get a 1,000 gallon storage tank, and a booster pump from the storage tank would give the house all the water and pressure you need.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Space to put the 1,000 gallon storage tank is the problem. Full set up maybe around a thousand bucks. You can use a smaller storage tank if the controls are set up right. Which would be similar to something like at wellmanager.com.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks