Repipe the main line?

Users who are viewing this thread

gargalaxy

Reaction score
The irrigation and the domestic water was connected to the same water meter in a commercial building (2" main domestic line with a T 2x1.5x2 to a 1.5 backflow for the irrigation). Two days ago the county installed a separate water meter 3/4" just for the irrigation. I had to cap the T and run about 6' from the new meter to the old line (backflow). I Checked for leaks and everything was ok. After running all zones, i noticed that the water meter is spinning slow. I checked it with my leak detector but I could not find anything. My question is: is it possible that there is not enough pressure (remember all valves are 1.5" and the connection is in 3/4) for the diaphram to close and the water is just running constantly slow? Do I have to reduce the main line and valves at least up to 1"?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks