(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Annual teeth x-rays cause cancer ?

Here's what I can't figure out. Where I work part time, next to the place, their is one of those nail salons. Oh, yeah, I walk past them, look in, and the "techs" are sitting there with masks on. There the stupid customers are sitting breathing it all in. All for fake nails, which they could easily grow theirselves, eh. So, if the salon doesn't turn on the fan, required by OSHA, I am now breathing it next door. That does not work with me. I can easily smell it, and, I go outback, look at their fan and if I do not see it running, I am back next door, now, loudly saying in their place of business, " YOU NEED TO TURN YOUR FAN ON, I GOT A HUGE HISTORY OF CANCER AND WHAT YOU USE CAUSES CANCER." Every one of their customers' heads spin like the girl on the excorist who puked split green soup. So, after a while, they got the message, when they see me coming, I will again, make that unwanted announcement and, they get up real quick, making a motion, they are going, they are going to the fan switch. But, my questions are why are earth would anyone want to glue on nails and especially, with a glue which can make you very unhappy down the road, and, why does this place, just not turn on the fan?

I was talking to someone today about this. It is because the fan is blowing the airconditioning out in the summer, and in the winter, blowing out the heat. Now, if they think, that cost is expensive, I could enlighten them and show them some REAL bills, money spent to try to save your own life.

Just on tv, a thing about certain nail polishes harboring 3 toxic cancer producing chemicals, one which they alone, embalm people with. Yuk. Yuk.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
    There is a lot of talk about too many tooth X-rays causing brain cancer.

I really think that it does.

have a Great Day.

Avoid Doctors...
    Article in Neurology today. Never have a full tooth set shot at once, and do just a few every few years with a NEW machine.

Still, the lifetime risk of a brain tumor seem to rise ony about 1 to 2% with the old machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Here's what I can't figure out. Where I work part time, next to the place, their is one of those nail salons. Oh, yeah, I walk past them, look in, and the "techs" are sitting there with masks on. There the stupid customers are sitting breathing it all in. All for fake nails, which they could easily grow theirselves, eh. So, if the salon doesn't turn on the fan, required by OSHA, I am now breathing it next door. That does not work with me. I can easily smell it, and, I go outback, look at their fan and if I do not see it running, I am back next door, now, loudly saying in their place of business, " YOU NEED TO TURN YOUR FAN ON, I GOT A HUGE HISTORY OF CANCER AND WHAT YOU USE CAUSES CANCER." Every one of their customers' heads spin like the girl on the excorist who puked split green soup. So, after a while, they got the message, when they see me coming, I will again, make that unwanted announcement and, they get up real quick, making a motion, they are going, they are going to the fan switch. But, my questions are why are earth would anyone want to glue on nails and especially, with a glue which can make you very unhappy down the road, and, why does this place, just not turn on the fan?

I was talking to someone today about this. It is because the fan is blowing the airconditioning out in the summer, and in the winter, blowing out the heat. Now, if they think, that cost is expensive, I could enlighten them and show them some REAL bills, money spent to try to save your own life.

Just on tv, a thing about certain nail polishes harboring 3 toxic cancer producing chemicals, one which they alone, embalm people with. Yuk. Yuk.
    Cookie, learn to speak Korean, and you can surprize them, Like George Castanza's father (Jerry Stiller) on Seinfeld did. that was a funny one. Hey they were ALL funny. I have 177 Seinfeld episodes recorded on my PC (including specials). they take up 255 GB of that "videos" hard drive.

But I digress!
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

What was the name of their Xmas? Festus? ? Remember that pole? ! Oh, I love that show, I laugh so hard at Kramer. I saw them all I bet, more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    What was the name of their Xmas? Festus? ? Remember that pole? ! Oh, I love that show, I laugh so hard at Kramer. I saw them all I bet, more than once.
    Festivus (for the rest of us)
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

the festivus pole lol i never understood that show when it was on (because i was so young) but i get it now

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just wanna say that my dentist replaced a filling last year that he originally installed 38 years ago.
    And when he does the needle, I can't really feel it. It calls it a bee sting, but if it is, I can't tell.
    He teaches at the UW still.
    Yes........he's old, but darned good. He's a skier too.

And I remember the Festivus episode too. I loved it!

If you got mercury fillings, word of warning in having them removed. They must be removed in a certain way, so you do not digest the stuff. This is very important. I had mine removed & replaced with white porcelin stuff, (which down the road will probably be told it is worse than the mercury), BUT, it looks better... It lasts shorter though, you won't get the 38 years on one. But, 20 years from now, makes me almost 78, and probably wooden ones will be in style. What do you think?

I think, this year, we will have Festivus! Did they beat the relatives with the pole?

I can't even see straight while watching this, it is so real,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS7-jcsB_WQ

and, of course, this one, I met the soup Nazi... at a kitchen where I volunteer, funny in person as well
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOte_...eature=related
    Last edited by Cookie; 04-11-2012 at 06:19 PM.

"No soup for you!!" hehe

Don't mess with your mercury fillings. It's like asbestos...it is not doing any harm where it is, but can be bad juju if you stir it up.

Problem with xrays...insurance companies!!!!!! They want before, after , in between. They want frequent diagnostics xrays to prove you weren't ignoring potential problems. Probably they want proof of whose mouth they are paying for.\

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Don't mess with your mercury fillings. It's like asbestos...it is not doing any harm where it is, but can be bad juju if you stir it up.

Problem with xrays...insurance companies!!!!!! They want before, after , in between. They want frequent diagnostics xrays to prove you weren't ignoring potential problems. Probably they want proof of whose mouth they are paying for.\

Its all so CSI can have dental records, And they turn over the cotton swabs for your DNA record.
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post

Well, with asbestos there are ways to maintain it, with the fillings, it is different. It is not what you know that is going to hurt you, it is what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by chad schloss View Post
    "no soup for you!!" hehe
    next!

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Any one having their nails extended and painted are perfect candidates for natural selection. Let them breathe the acetone and checkout early. Its planned by god to eliminate the unworthy.

I worked with a girl where everything was fake. From her eyelashes, to her nails, she was siliconed, she sprayed on a tan, she dyed her hair and eyebrows, and, this one day, I asked her, if she was ever afraid to get in a downpour, or a gusty wind. I wondered what she really looked like.