Looking for carbon

Users who are viewing this thread

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Well its been a while. I hate coming on a site after not coming on for some time n asking a question. Yet i will. lol
My friend lives in NH and has a need to replace the carbon. he wants to know how to get this. do they sell it just any place?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Available all over, but... please purchase NSF listed, Coconut shell based acid washed GAC. It is typically sold by the cubic foot, or 2 cu. ft bags. There are a lot of garbage GAC's available and they may save you a few cents...

We have tested some of the low grade GAC and some of the stuff found in it is not appropriate for dicsussion on a family friendly website.

Spend a few extra dollars, get a name brand, or at least a NSF or WQA listed carbon.

Centaur, Joacobi, Spartan, Cat-HAC, are just a couple names to look for. Clack dorp distributes a very high quality product.

Hope this helps.

Note, I beleive Centaur is Bituminous coal based, but considering the source, we trust it and it has proven to be an excellent product for many years.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks