(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Looking for carbon

Default Looking for carbon

Well its been a while. I hate coming on a site after not coming on for some time n asking a question. Yet i will. lol
    My friend lives in NH and has a need to replace the carbon. he wants to know how to get this. do they sell it just any place?
    I'm just starting to work with an old friend of mine to bring solar electric and hot water systems, wind turbines, Flex Fuel Boilers, batteries, hydroponic gardening, books, pellet grills and more. Also the parts for DIY installation.

Water systems designer, R&D ditttohead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Available all over, but... please purchase NSF listed, Coconut shell based acid washed GAC. It is typically sold by the cubic foot, or 2 cu. ft bags. There are a lot of garbage GAC's available and they may save you a few cents...

We have tested some of the low grade GAC and some of the stuff found in it is not appropriate for dicsussion on a family friendly website.

Spend a few extra dollars, get a name brand, or at least a NSF or WQA listed carbon.

Centaur, Joacobi, Spartan, Cat-HAC, are just a couple names to look for. Clack dorp distributes a very high quality product.

Hope this helps.

Note, I beleive Centaur is Bituminous coal based, but considering the source, we trust it and it has proven to be an excellent product for many years.