Which 4" ABS outside closet flange with SS ring to use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kentd

Reaction score
I have a 4" toilet riser pipe and I'm looking for a 4" ABS outside (slip-over) closet flange with a SS ring. The one that hj has mentioned in other threads.

Can anyone provide a manufacturer and part number? A link to an online store would work as well.

I can't seem to find one.

Thanks,
Kent

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
That one the ring is not stainless. Looks like its painted metal. I wouldn't use it. I'm a professional so take that for what its worth when I tell you that.

Kentd

Reaction score
I think I found it:

Sioux Chief 886-4AM or 886-4ATM (with knockout)

But, then I found these instructions on the Sioux Chief spec sheet pdf for the 3" inside fit version. If the 4" outside fit version requires the same 1/4" deep x 5/8" wide ring to be chipped away too, this seems a bit hokey:

INSTALLATION NOTES:
When installing on concrete floors, chip away the
concrete around the 3" pipe in a 1/4" deep x 5/8"
wide ring to ensure the flange can be set flush with
the floor.

Thoughts?

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
I think I found it:

Sioux Chief 886-4AM or 886-4ATM (with knockout)

But, then I found these instructions on the Sioux Chief spec sheet pdf for the 3" inside fit version. If the 4" outside fit version requires the same 1/4" deep x 5/8" wide ring to be chipped away too, this seems a bit hokey:

INSTALLATION NOTES:
When installing on concrete floors, chip away the
concrete around the 3" pipe in a 1/4" deep x 5/8"
wide ring to ensure the flange can be set flush with
the floor.

Thoughts?

I'd never set my ring flush with the floor. If Sioux Chief reads this post.......take that out of your instructions.......its ignorant advice.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you look at the profile of some of these, it's not square between the vertical and horizontal surfaces of the flange, but is rounded. Regardless of whether it is being set on the slab, or the finished floor (where it should be), you need room for this rounded portion to go below the edge of the finished floor to get the bottom of the ring section flush with the finished one.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hack, they are talking about chipping enough concrete out so that the hub will sit down, not the flange ring......At least I hope that's what they mean. You must run into idiots that pour tight to the pipe don't you?

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
Hack, they are talking about chipping enough concrete out so that the hub will sit down, not the flange ring......At least I hope that's what they mean. You must run into idiots that pour tight to the pipe don't you?

It says 1/4" deep x 5/8 wide......that sounds like they are speaking of the flange portion.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
I see what they are talking about. Its the little bump out below the flange bottom. If you dont remove alittle concrete/tile the bottom of the flange wouldn't hit the finished floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks