"Leveling mud" for Kohler K-1978 shower receptor

Users who are viewing this thread

snordhaus

Reaction score
My husband and I bought a Kohler K-1978 shower receptor (an acrylic shower pan with seat) to replace a bathtub. The house has a concrete slab foundation, so this will be on concrete flooring. The installation instructions say to use "floor leveling compound" in about 5 or 6 separate 2 1/2" high mounds under the feet of the unit. Is that the same thing as the mortar used to create a bed for a tile shower pan?

Thanks
Suzanne

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Yes, that will work. Deck mud is workable with a range of sand:cement ratios...if you want it to 'smush' easier, mix it a little richer (a little less sand and more cement) and don't use too much water (this causes it to shrink more when curing or crack).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks