Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
New Belgium Brewing Scavenger Hunt (KEXP Benefit Event) at Summit Central

Sunday April 1st, was the scavenger hunt put on by KEXP at Snoqualmie Pass. We went skiing that day, to bring my grandson Mason up for his first snowboarding lesson. KEXP had tents up and signed us up for the contest. We put on our yellow capes and off we went. It was snowing and sunny, back and forth all day. New Belgium was handing out schooners with two fillings of their beers on tap in the pub upstairs in the lodge. The drawing at the end of the day was fun. I barely got outbid on some cool rocker skis; maybe next year for something like that.

central_2012_jamie1_8.jpg

Jamie getting ready for the day of skiing.

central_2012_sue_cowgirl8.jpg

Sue meeting up with the cowgirl from KEXP for a shootout, with slingshots!

central_2012_guys_800.jpg

Terry, Mason and Jamie.
It as Mason's first day snowboarding. His skateboarding transferred over very well. I was surprised.

central_2012_terry_jamie8.jpg

Terry & Jamie
They made us wear these things! Not a real good look for either of us. A group of women came by and wanted to see my legs. Way too cold for that.

It was a fun time to bring Mason up and introduce him to ski culture. At least the goofy part of it. April is always a good time on the mountains.

Last edited:

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
I'd love to vacation up there. I had a friend in seattle for a while...should have visited when I had a chance. If I show up you gonna let me run service calls for a day with ya?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Do service calls with us? Sure!

Here is video of my grandson's first day snowboarding. I thought it was pretty good for his first attempt at snowboarding.

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
You think he did good??? He is a natural! does he surf or skateboard? I didnt make it out snowboarding this winter, and the snow is still good. Hmmm, maybe next weekend.

Great vid, thanks for sharing it!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks