Corporate greed murders Pentair pump company

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
So, the dirtbags at TYCO, the one with the CEO making 500 mil a year - and threw that million dollar birthday party on the shareholders dole- just bought out PENTAIR.

All those American pumpmakers will soon be filling out Mcburgers job app's.

Of course, Tyco says the American jobs will be saved....translation: we'll start cutting in about 6 months.

http://finance-commerce.com/2012/03/pentair-tyco-merger-keeps-u-s-headquarters-here/

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't know what's going on with the domestic pump makers. ITT has split off Goulds water into a separate division and now Pentair is merging with Tyco while Tyco simultenously splits itself.

I think Pentair already shipped a bunch of jobs overseas....Just look at the crap they sell already at the Big Box Stores (utilitech etc).

Only thing I hope is that they leave the Sta Rite MSE series pump alone....I can find other submersibles if they cheapen them out.

TVL

Reaction score
It appears corporate greed has removed much of the quality we all desire and expect. So, I have a question:

At some point in time, I will need to replace my 1 HP submersible pump. When that times arrives, who makes a good quality submersible pump. All input is welcome!

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I think you should look at windmills. Especially nice when the power goes out. The corporate slimy lounge lizards, with the 12 homes paid for by cheapening up their crap products, have yet to find a way to ruin that machinery.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't know what's going on with the domestic pump makers. ITT has split off Goulds water into a separate division and now Pentair is merging with Tyco while Tyco simultenously splits itself.

I think Pentair already shipped a bunch of jobs overseas....Just look at the crap they sell already at the Big Box Stores (utilitech etc).

Regardless of corporate splits and such, Pentair still makes three of the best water filtration valves ever designed and the new 7000SXT is perhaps the best of the lot. Excellent quality stuff regardless of where it comes from. As for ITT and Goulds, that marriage has been around for awhile now and I'm not seeing any lessening of quality with their pumps at all.

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Tom,

ITT is still "Goulds". What is happening is that the smaller goulds, like those used in domestic water supplies, is being spun off into it's own company. It's being called "Goulds Water Technology". I have no idea the motivation. ITT is splitting 3 ways. Hopefully the quality stays the same and they will continue to make them here in the USA but after seeing so much more move overseas I'm afraid that the move is just one of many before they ship it out.

I believe that the Franklin takeover of Jacuzzi is what started all of this with them getting into the pump business. I would still prefer to have Goulds /Pentair make their pumps and use Franklin motors. The motor has always been the complex part and I think they were hurt worse than Franklin in the changeover.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks