Toilet Height: Vespin II and others

Users who are viewing this thread

Spacepod

Reaction score
Hi there,

Ok, so I installed the Vespin II which replaced a Briggs contractor toilet. I didn't order any special height, so I got the Vespin II in a Universal Height. It's noticeably higher than the Briggs.

Have toilets gotten taller over the years, or is the Briggs just a very low, round model? Is there a lower toilet than the Vespin II Universal Height?

I'm about 5'3" and can manage ok with the taller toilet, but it's not quite as comfortable as the lower one since my feet aren't as planted. But I am more curious about why this 'Universal Height' Vespin II is taller than the Briggs model.

Any feedback is welcome. Thanks!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The universal height are becoming more and more popular. While I can appreciate that at 5'3" it may never be a big deal for you, but for those of us with a bit more height, (I'm 5'8") find as we age and sit with our butts lower than our knees, it is difficult to rise. Low sofas and chairs give us the same problems. When I have to use a toilet that is a standard height model, I really appreciate my two Universal height Toto toilets.

Spacepod

Reaction score
The universal height are becoming more and more popular. While I can appreciate that at 5'3" it may never be a big deal for you, but for those of us with a bit more height, (I'm 5'8") find as we age and sit with our butts lower than our knees, it is difficult to rise. Low sofas and chairs give us the same problems. When I have to use a toilet that is a standard height model, I really appreciate my two Universal height Toto toilets.

Yeah, I am sure it's tough to have a toilet height which works for everyone. It's just different. I'm getting used to it but wondering if there was an option I didn't know about. A quick check on the Toto site and I can see the Vespin II only comes in Universal height...which is way taller than the Briggs I had before.

I can see why taller people might want a taller toilet for sure (or those with issues getting up from low toilets).

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In the TOTO line, you can tell something about sizing from the lettering system

L = 16-1/2" high bowl
F = 16-1/8" high bowl
If non of those letters, 14-1/2" to 15-1/8" high

Spacepod

Reaction score
In the TOTO line, you can tell something about sizing from the lettering system

L = 16-1/2" high bowl
F = 16-1/8" high bowl
If non of those letters, 14-1/2" to 15-1/8" high

Thanks Terry!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks