Pump not pumping

Users who are viewing this thread

hondaboss

Reaction score
I have just tried to use my sprinkler system after 3-4 months of not using it. The pump turns on fine, and is primed, but is barely pumping any water. However, when I first turned it on I could get 2 of the 3 zones working properly. I only ran it maybe a total of 15 minutes, then it stopped. I have not been able to get any pressure from the pump since. (It has been 3 days).

The motor seems to be working normally. The pump was "rebuilt" last season. I disassembled the pump and everything looks normal. Keep in mind I am not a plumber, or an irrigation professional by any means!

I have also noticed that there is air being pumped throught the system. As much air as water at this point. I covered all of the intake pipes from the pipe going into the well all the way to the pump. I covered them all with tape and celephane wrap. This did not change anything. I assume that this would rule out a leak in my intake pipes.

Just above where the well comes out of the ground there is a "T" fitting. One side goes to pump and the other has a filter. I removed the filter and can see that the pipe going into the ground is full of water. I think that is a good sign that my well is not dry. It is also draining back down at a very slow rate. That does concern me!(I read somewhere that a well that will take water, should pump water. It is not taking water very well!)

I am starting to think I have a well problem. Is there any ways for me to check this?

(note -- I live in central Florida. "I have a friend" who seems to know alot about irrigation, and he says that it is set-up like a deep well. Since I have lived in the house for the last five years it has had a strong sulfer smell. I am fairly sure that is the normal in this area though. So I do not know if it is deep or shallow for sure at this point. )

I apologize for my first post being SO long!

Thanks for any advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks