L or 90 degree shower curtain rods

Users who are viewing this thread

firepilot

Reaction score
Hi There,

Just finishing a shower remodel and looking for info on shower rods/curtains. Not sure if this is the right place or not. I need a shower rod that has a 90 degree bend in it. I have seen several for sale and any that look well built have a ceiling support.

My question is this how does the Curtain work. Do you need 2 curtains? One goes to the rod and stops and the other comes from the other side?

I'm just not seeing any good info. The installation instructions have no detail.

Maybe it is so simple I am just not getting it. If someone could spell it out for me that would be helpful. I have just built a no barrier shower so now I need to contain the water.

Thanks

Phil

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
YEs you need two curtains. In the first place they do not make single curtains long enough to go around the corner, even if you did not have the ceiling support.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If this is a shower that will be used a lot...meaning you need it to be functional, not just funky, I suggest this type of product:

http://www.diamonddrapery.com/

Use "cubicle track" as is found in hospitals. It is mounted to ceiling. Draperies/shower curtains can be suspended at any desired level. The track is continuous around corners.

MandK

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

firepilot

Reaction score
Thanks MandK,

Is your rod supported from the ceiling? Any chance of seeing a picture?

I found the ceiling mount track style. Not real wild about it but it is an option. The shower will take a 60 x 30 no with the 90 on the right as you face the shower. Ceiling height is 95".

Everything in the shower is brushed nickel. A nice rod with a support would look nice, but I am worried how much space that little shower curtain might take up. At the end of the shower area is a toilet, so I'd also rather not have the shower curtain sitting in your lap when using the commode. Just not sure what to do.

Thanks for the replies.

MandK

Reaction score
Yes, the rod is supported at the ceiling. I don't have new pics, but here is one from signature hardware showing the ceiling support. i don't really like the track idea either.

13110-l.jpg

Last edited:

MandK

Reaction score
I have a similar situation at you with the toilet at the end of the tub. But, I have a short wall between them. My toilet is behind this wall.

My curtains have not arrive in the mail yet so here is an old pic. My plan is to use extra wide liner on both sides of the "L" and keep the bottom inside the tub. Then use a standard 72" curtain across the front only and drape that on the outside of the tub.

bath 5.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks