(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fleck 7000sxt Can I stop raw water bypass during regen?

Water systems designer, R&D ditttohead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I should have stated it differently, the brine draw time is the amount of time that it takes to remove the brine solution from the brine tank. The Brine draw cycle, or better stated, the "brine and slow rinse" total time should be an hour.

If they left in a small injector, it could be taking too much time to remove the brine solution from the brine tank. This is a common problem when these valves are being used on larger tanks. The injector needs to be replaced to meet the system design. This is often overlooked.

NHWBP is available, it is just rarely used and requires a simple microswitch and an autotrol or similar line shutoff. It could be wired with the Brine cam microswitch, this would be activated at all times during regeneration. It is the regeneration lockout microswitch. Most companies that need NHWBP in a smaller valve will use the 2510 since it is readily available, simple, inexpensive, and does not require any external changes.

Guys - Thank you for your help! I'm out of town for weekend, but will check sizing Monday morning, what I can tell you is Cedar Rapids water is pretty good they soften down to 8 gpg and no iron or other..

As far as what test I have done to say too much salt inlines after a regen, I tested using the hach hard water test and the reading was off the chart, never had that before... tasted the water and very salty, so salt throwing test way off, I continued to monitor the water usage by using the 7000 screen counting down the gallons used between the two, seemed to take roughly 500 per unit, before water testing 0 gpg.... I'm really confused as to why it would take that long to get to 0 gpg, I could understand possibly some but would think it would be flushed out fast or faster than dragging it out that much?

Programming from what I recall being in the unit a far as cycle settings are:

backwash 10
    brine draw slow rinse 60
    second back wash 5
    rapid rinse (they had initially at 5) now set to 10
    brine fill 12

last time out they did switch the size of something to a 7? I remember them talking about that...

Water systems designer, R&D ditttohead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It should take very little water to rinse down a salty system. Doing feild service, we would put the system into brine draw, get a couple gallons of brine into the system and run the water through the cold plumbing to rinse it out quickly to confirm the repair was done, rinsing out a completely salty unit should only take 5-10 minutes. Can you post a picture of the installation, I think that would clear a lot up. If a system takes a very long time to rinse the salt out, it is usually caused by a problem with the riser/o-ring area since it is only diluting the salt, not forcing it through the resin, but if that were the case you would never test zero GPG soft water. Lets see what you got.

Your programming is pretty standard, but we need the brine line flow control size, tank size, etc. The injector size is also critical. It will be labeled on the back of the valve, but these are easily changed internally so they usually do not match up on larger systems.

Adding length to the rapid rinse is never a proper way to rinse salt from a system, the salt should be cleared from the system during the 60 minute brine and slow rinse cycle.