T&P valve on Tankless Heater

Users who are viewing this thread

Mae-Ling

Reaction score
I have a Tankless heater, ever since I bought the house 1.5 years ago the T&P valve has been discharging slightly when you turn off a hot water tap. I was told this is normal. Is it?

Now the T&P valve is leaking constant when you use hot water. The water temperature is not overly hot coming out of the relief vlave, I can hold my hand in a pail of it for a minute or so. Wanted to take a temperature on it but do not have a thermometer.

The tank was at 50C and I turned it down to 40C and it leaks a lot less water but still does leak a little.

We also had a power outage if that makes any difference, although we were on holidays, however 4 showers were taken and 3 loads of laundry done before it started to leak after we got back.

Figuring I'll probably just change the T&P relief valve and see if that does it.
Any other thoughts or ideas?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would change the T&P
Sometimes they get something inside that prevents sealing.

tp_2.jpg

Last edited:

Mae-Ling

Reaction score
Old pressure relief was 201f and 150psi(?) just going from memory, replaced it with the same and seems to be fine now.

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks