Need some help.. what is this piece?

Users who are viewing this thread

intel

Reaction score
Hey,
I am in the process of replacing the control valve for the sprinkler system in my mom's house. I ended cutting the PVC pipes as shown below.

intel-01.jpg

I was thinking of ordering a Rain Bird DAS/ASVF-100 anti siphon valve.
My first question is that will this end connect to the new siphon valve that I want to order? This end shown below originates from the sprinkler timer (Rain Bird ESP-6) and attached to the old control valve.

intel-02.jpg

My second question is what is the teal colored device on the right and is it replaceable? I tried unscrewing the L-shaped PVC that is connected to it and it won't budge.

intel-03.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
No ...that piece will not connect to a DAS-100. It is some kind of solenoid with conduit adapter. The off-the-shelf DAS-100 just has wires from the solenoid. You would need to get that special solenoid from a commercial landscape supply. Your valve seems to be a Hunter, so there are three chances it will fit a Rainbird valve: slim....fat.....none///

Tbone77

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.hunterindustries.com
The Hunter Solenoid will not fit Rain Bird valves. The other piece appears to be an indexing valve. I do not personally know much about them and have only come across them a few times. You maybe able to rebuild it. I would check with a local irrigation distributor in your area. Chance are they will know all about it and what options you have. Good luck!

intel

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the help, I ended up replacing the anti-siphon valve and the indexing valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks