What color should faucets be?

Users who are viewing this thread

dereks

Reaction score
I picked some fixtures for a bathroom remodel and the contractor asked me "are you sure???"

faucets: chrome
shower rod, shower vertical handle bar, towel bars, vanity handles, toilet paper holder, door knobs are all mismatched and all different kinds of brass, satin nickel, etc...oops.

Suggestions?

How about faucets: chrome
door knobs and vanity cabinet handles: satin nickel
shower road, towel bars, toilet paper holder: brushed, not polished, stainless steel

Is that better with only 3 kinds? Or try to cut it down to 2?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Polished chrome may be the least expensive option, but if you're going to go for other finishes on other design elements, you may want to stick with the same throughout. But, it all comes down to what do you like, and does it look good to you?

Mliu

Reaction score
You use whatever YOU want to.
Agreed... as long as you realize that if you make esoteric design decisions, your choices could negatively affect the resale value of your home.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Colour choices could also lead to marital discord. You should probably listen to the contractor. He has probably seen divorces as a result of colour choices.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks