new tub, weird flange

Users who are viewing this thread

dunstergirl

Reaction score
OK, so I listened to your wise voices and bought a new tub (acrylic, white, my kid loves it which is all that counts, I guess).

But it has a weird flange, NOT flat, 1/2" lip, then down to another 1/2" lip, then to tub.

SO I am wondering:

a) how to anchor it to the wall and

b) where the concrete board should go to above it (I will be tiling)

I'm going to try to post a (bad) photo here so you can see what I am talking about.

tub.jpg

Thanks all for past and future advice.
Lelani

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
What is the make and model?? What do the installation instructions call for??/ Yes..we DO read the instructions!

dunstergirl

Reaction score
No instructions I could find, in box or on line. Dee Bath Products, imported by Can-Cell Industries, special order for Canadian Tire.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
It seems you have a tub which none us us are familiar with, which would make me question it's quality. I would never put a tub in if I could not identify the maker, who would need to be well known in the trades. It's asking for trouble.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
It seems you have a tub which none us us are familiar with, which would make me question it's quality. I would never put a tub in if I could not identify the maker, who would need to be well known in the trades. It's asking for trouble.

Most people who are proud of what they make have their name printed on it. I agree if I couldn't identify the maker I would hesitate installing it in a situation where it mattered.

dunstergirl

Reaction score
Found instructions, seems the boys took them out of the box. Says to pin it to the wall with screws. Haven't yet but tub has some sort of support along long end and also adjustable legs, which we used to ensure it was level both ways. Will only attach along long side as my effing house is not quite square :-(

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There is just something wrong buying a tub at the tire company!!!!!!!! But of course , the drink "Blue" beer, also!

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
John it is hilarious that you hold Canadian Tire at higher regard than Home Depot.

My favorite part about CT is that everything says "made in China", on it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks