Taxes

Users who are viewing this thread

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Bob, Now that you mention it , that does sound right. lol

I know if you are gay she will be right by your side.
No Don, one of the plumbers here last week seemed to be trying to convert me that way, lol, but I still prefer ladies. Oh, shit, Lady GAGA says she is. I like her music a lot, and she has a fine body. oooh La La! What a great song Bad Romance is!

Cookie

Reaction score
I had some fried Jumbo shrimp that had been caught literally 30 minutes earlier in Destin,Fl. The boats pulled up to the end of the pier and unloaded the shrimp and they cooked it at the shore end of the pier. 5 bucks for a plate full.

The freshest fish I ever had was still flopping in the bottom of the boat. Cut a slice of a live yellow fin tuna and ate it raw. I like it better cooked and the guy had a grill on the boat.

If you have never had really fresh seafood then you really dont know what your missing.

Here is a link to some pics of the place. Its really just a shack at the shore end of a pier. The boats pull right up to unload the fish and shrimp.

http://www.destinseafood.com/Coastal_Homes_Article.pdf

Hackney, the best food I ever had in my life was found in a hole in the wall, in Tuscaloosa, Al, a place infamous to all there, called, Archibalds. Served only pork, ribs or on white bread, with there homemade sauce. Fantastic. It put Dreamland or anyother place to shame.

http://www.tuscaloosarestaurant.com/Restaurant-Reviews/5.html
This is it here, looks the same from whence I was there in the 80's... Love that place!
http://blog.samdogbbq.com/2010/02/26/archibalds-tuscaloosa-alabama.aspx

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
That is funny.

Girls are the way to go for me.

I never did like Fruit Cakes...

Don, when I was a pre teen and then a teenager, I did not like gay people, and thought they chose to be that way, but as I got older and grew up, I realized that they are born that way, and don't chose to be that way. I have learned to accept them. I'm not saying I feel real comfortable associating with them amongst friends, although some friends have friends that are that way, and I do have some at work that are fine amongst the rest of us. I wish I were even better about it, but I am what I am. I do believe that God loves them as much as the rest of us, depite what the Bible says (a His-tory book written by men as to how they interpreted things). I was not there at Sodom and Gomorrah, were you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
I agree, I would have to ask the girls, May I join You. lol

I have heard it all now,

A lady in Houston got fined for Feeding a Stray Dog.

It is against the law to Give a Stray Dog Water.

I am glad I do not live in the Houston City Limits.

Don't give a homeless person money either, or pay a fine.

This Houston Mayor is a real work of art.

I think she needs to go back in the closet...

Have a Great Day.

What a miserable person. She must be quite unhappy. This will sound mean I guess, but, sometimes, people like that need to experience the other half of life in order to know gratitude and happiness. I have come across such mean people I can't tell ya, one actually said to me, " I want to be mean." I told her this, " I want to be mean, too." and, I walked away laughing. She was serious. I wasn't. I know people honestly, that would not give the sweat off their brow to another human being let alone a dog, which they probably would kick instead, of give food or water to. Probably, Don, getting the big C was the best thing that happened to me, for it made me realize how lucky I am, and, I get so discriminated against at times, I feel lucky to be able to weed out the humans and non-humans. I could care less about someone's sexual chosing, that has never been an issue with me. I don't care if she likes women or men, she just sounds miserable and I am surprised if she has a love life at all. I don't know who would want her.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
What a miserable person. She must be quite unhappy. This will sound mean I guess, but, sometimes, people like that need to experience the other half of life in order to know gratitude and happiness. I have come across such mean people I can't tell ya, one actually said to me, " I want to be mean." I told her this, " I want to be mean, too." and, I walked away laughing. She was serious. I wasn't. I know people honestly, that would not give the sweat off their brow to another human being let alone a dog, which they probably would kick instead, of give food or water to. Probably, Don, getting the big C was the best thing that happened to me, for it made me realize how lucky I am, and, I get so discriminated against at times, I feel lucky to be able to weed out the humans and non-humans. I could care less about someone's sexual chosing, that has never been an issue with me. I don't care if she likes women or men, she just sounds miserable and I am surprised if she has a love life at all. I don't know who would want her.
Cookie, Amen!

Cookie

Reaction score
Cookie, Amen!

If you want to hear something funny about romance listen to this. A co worker said once to me, sometime ago, after I started dating the doctor, " you must be a hot little thing." WHAT! I said, " what did you just say?" I was not laughing, I was insulted. She went on saying that being I got cancer, it must be something else you got going for you. WHOA! I said to her, " yeah, it is called, attitude, I got a great attitude, a nice out going personality and I am KIND TO people and I LAUGH and, enjoy life!" See, she sucks. She can't laugh, she has a lousy attitude about everything. She can't get a date. She is younger than me by about maybe 5 years, she is divorced, she is tall, thin blonde and she thinks, it is all about looks. She tells me, I am too short...my hair is too red, ( i love my chemo red hair) and, who would want someone with your health problems... UNLESS, you are ... and she said, this, " putting out." WOW... now talk about MEAN.. and rude, and wrong... But, I laughed at her. She had a date once ( once) and was upset cause he didn't dress nicer. It was funny, I asked her what she expected him to dress like, a tux maybe? :)

People are unreal at times. I feel sorry for them, their is so much to be happy about, why they waste their lives is beyond me. I think too many people just got too much time on their hands. People should volunteer somewhere, a hospital will tune those up who think life is all about them.

I always imagine if those types of people would put all that misused energy into something productive what they could do instead, of tearing down.

I remember years ago, wanting to see sign language be offered in the schools, not to replace the standard Chinese, Russian and Spanish, but added as a choice to the students. Boy, I was shot down by those who couldn't see the forest through the trees. I heard the most ignorant remarks, ie, "it really isn't a language" duh, maybe, by those having to use it, it is. I think, there are by far many more deaf people in our community than those speaking Mandarin Chinese.

I noticed the other day, our ATM added yet, another "official" language, but, I still, fail to see anything for the blind.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
This was so funny ... I had this happen to me tonite at work, where I work a part time job. It is 1 :30 am, and I am still laughing. Here goes,

In comes a doctor and his wife. He wants a new lab jacket, 2 of them, and he wants them monogramed. No problem. Until, he starts to go to fill out the form for it. It is elementary. Basic. SImple. I had to love this guy. He is going on a photo shoot and wants to look nice. So, he is filling out this form, and he is not doing it right. I said, " you are not doing it right." I explain why so. His wife understands, and says, " you are not doing it right." He can't figure out what he is doing wrong. I said, " the monogramer is going to think, you want all caps" adding, you got to do it this way. So, now he messes up, a letter in his name, he scratches it out, and tries to write over it, I said, " you can't do that, the monogamer is going to get confused." He said, " can I get rid of this page, and, start over?" I flipped the page saying, " this is my last book, " I was kidding him;, and, he started to do it wrong again. I said, " you are doing it wrong." Wife said, " you are doing it wrong." I said, laughingly, " you are not going to operate on me." He said, " you don't have a prostrate" I said, " how do you know, I could be a good looking man." We all are laughing. So, he said, when done, " how is this?" I said, " it is wrong." So, now, I am writing above the letters... this, Big S, little letters, Big L for middle initial, Last name... Big letter, little letters... He said, " MD" do I put a period there? I said, " you are never going to operate on me."

Now, I ring up the jackets, ring up the monograming charges, but, he is taking one with him, and going to bring it back later for monograming, he needs one for a photo shoot. I said, " you can't do that, it will confuse the monogramer" putting one a bag. I said, " she is like 100 years old."

Then, I find out, he knows my doctor, he is a radiation oncologist, they are associates, oh, that should be fun. :)

So, now, I got to figure out tomorrow, how to get this right. It was so funny. I had to love him. On his paperwork, it looks like a K- kid did it. I know I am going to hear about this mess, but, the laugh was worth it, and there was no way to change his mind, he was very insistent he was right. I really thought he was funny. Doctors can be so funny.

In the past, on the years I have been diagnosed, on chemo, I always just worked a part time job. This one year, the year when the planes was flown into our buildings in NY, I was working in a pharmacy as a tech. Well, it was crazy that day of course, people coming in buying ample extra medical supplies, water, which worried us, because we needed the distilled water to mix compounds. In comes this doctor in the madhouse and, he said, he wanted the choice drug of the time which everyone was an antibotic, Cipro, so, not thinking, I grabbed one of those bags that you put the meds in to give to a customer and started writing out the prescription for the doctor. The doctor on the other side of the counter, didn't realize it either, I didn't realize what was going on, either. There I am asking how the mg, how many days, by mouth, and, then, I laid it for the pharmacist to fill. She filled it, too.

It was the pharmacist who after she filled it noticed that it was written by a tech for a doctor on a bag. In the midst of the planes in NY, there was the 3 of us, laughing our butts off. And, it was written beautifully.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
You are so funny Cookie.

Keep up the good work...

Yeah, I was laughing when they fired me for writing prescriptions without a medical license, lol. My one and only.
I am eventually leaving this part time job, no need to get my face ripped off now, I stepped up, to getting my chances of getting shot.

When someone asks me what do I do for a living, I just say, " I don't know." Do you remember the old tv show, where the one man was all positions in town? He was the chief of police, the fire chief, the store keeper.... can't remember the name of the show, but, I wear many hats. One person asked me if I was a triplet, cause she saw me in 3 different places working, :)

No grass grows under these stilettos.

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Yeah, I was laughing when they fired me for writing prescriptions without a medical license, lol. My one and only.
I am eventually leaving this part time job, no need to get my face ripped off now, I stepped up, to getting my chances of getting shot.

When someone asks me what do I do for a living, I just say, " I don't know." Do you remember the old tv show, where the one man was all positions in town? He was the chief of police, the fire chief, the store keeper.... can't remember the name of the show, but, I wear many hats. One person asked me if I was a triplet, cause she saw me in 3 different places working, :)

No grass grows under these stilettos.

I know Andy Griffith had a lot of hats.

So you are wearing stilettos ? They are hard on the prostrate, and make my back hurt. lol

Have a Good Friday and a Great Weekend.

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, the weekend started. Today, I watched the neighbor who threw the white stuff in my garden, I watched her open a gate she had installed in her fence, and come into my yard and start to clear out her hedges. She then, threw them, in the probably less than one foot of property she owns behind the cyclone fence. Nice.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
My son told me today " mom, you should go on this casting call tomorrow for this new movie being made." The movie is called, Out of the Furnace, it is a thriller. I decided to go tomorrow, I don't know what comes out of this furnace but, I told my son, it would be a new experience and maybe, some fun, eh. He asked me, if I would play a part, if asked, and, I told him this and he nearly, fell over... I told him, " yeah, I would like to be a prostitute." Something completely out of character! He didn't expect that, and was laughing. So, who knows, maybe I will be discovered or find a new career :) ONLY kidding... at least I wouldn't have to pay taxes, right?

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Well, the weekend started. Today, I watched the neighbor who threw the white stuff in my garden, I watched her open a gate she had installed in her fence, and come into my yard and start to clear out her hedges. She then, threw them, in the probably less than one foot of property she owns behind the cyclone fence. Nice.

Cookie, if you have the resources, I would install another fence within your property lines by a foot or so too, so you can have a de-militarized zone and not have to look at her crap your fence should be higher than hers if zoning allows.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
My son told me today " mom, you should go on this casting call tomorrow for this new movie being made." The movie is called, Out of the Furnace, it is a thriller. I decided to go tomorrow, I don't know what comes out of this furnace but, I told my son, it would be a new experience and maybe, some fun, eh. He asked me, if I would play a part, if asked, and, I told him this and he nearly, fell over... I told him, " yeah, I would like to be a prostitute." Something completely out of character! He didn't expect that, and was laughing. So, who knows, maybe I will be discovered or find a new career :) ONLY kidding... at least I wouldn't have to pay taxes, right?
That's funny! You won't have to pay taxes (unless it becomes legalized), but you'll have to pay that guy who wears a rooster hat and has a raccon tail at the rear of his pimp-mobile. Also, the tax of STD's (also just kidding):p

Cookie

Reaction score
Cookie, if you have the resources, I would install another fence within your property lines by a foot or so too, so you can have a de-militarized zone and not have to look at her crap your fence should be higher than hers if zoning allows.

I gave that some thought. A tall stockade fence. But, is that the answer to it, probably, not. Just another unneeded expense. Some people were just born ignorant.

Cookie

Reaction score
That's funny! You won't have to pay taxes (unless it becomes legalized), but you'll have to pay that guy who wears a rooster hat and has a raccon tail at the rear of his pimp-mobile. Also, the tax of STD's (also just kidding):p

Forgot about him, lol. I was going to go, but, it looks like rain out there. :) I don't do rain well.

Cookie

Reaction score
Instead of doing the casting call for being a prostitute I did my laundry. I should had gone to the casting call. I threw a load of wash in the dryer, setting it on ultimate dry, and cranked up the washer and then, GO BOOM! BANG! AND, A HUGE FLASH... The entire house went dark, but, it didn't trip the main. Hm. I called the light company and they were sending someone out. He found everything was dead. Nothing. No voltage. So, he went up to the transformer in his bucket and when he came back down he told me, I blew a wire off when I turned on the dryer, lol. I deadened my neighbors as well, who was outside looking, and when the power came back on my neighbors grandkids started to clap, the man was a hero, and I was a bad bad person. :) In all fairness though, he said the plate was missing which held on the wire, and he is sending out someone to replace the transformer. I asked if he could maybe, put it on my neighbor's pole, she does a lot less laundry. He said, " no," adding, " GOOD try."

Then, my phones, tv and net wasn't working. I spent a long time, on another phone trying to get this fixed. Then, it dawned me, where it plugs in at, works on a switch! I should had went on the casting call. But, I guess, this would had just happened at some other time, eh. What a waste of a day.

And, that plate? Um, I found it last week, I thought it was a car part, laying in my driveway. :) I even took it to a mechanic and he said, " don't know what it is, must not be important."

I got this very strange and unusual life. I asked him when he was taking apart the circuit breaker box, the outside box, if I could check with him, because I do home inspections, etc, he said, he didn't care, I was going to ask if I could ride his bucket up and wear his hard hat, but, I have a feeling that would not had gone over well.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks