(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Well, Don, if it didn't the schools would all be closed, lol. So, obviously, some gets there, enough to keep the seats filled.
    The teachers here are cheating on the students grades so that they get more money. And getting caught.

Now wonder the teachers are sleeping with the students.

You don't get something for nothing.
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

I claim each year, 75.00 because I write checks out to certain organizations. It is always the same. It goes to soup kitchens. I donate money to those a dollar here, and there, a five to one man asking for money with a dog on leash, standing on an intersection; but, I do not recognize any of that money as a claim, nor, church money, money put in a basket, just the check I write. I don't use donation slips to the Goodwill either. I don't use any of that as a claim either. I think, there are tons of people like me, and, I think, the reason why the IRS wants receipts now, is because they are greedy, lol. I think, it is the other way around. Just my opinion, I might be wrong, and Jim could be right. But, just so you know, if I do your taxes you could use my bill as a deduction, and, you could pay me 100 and write a thousand. KIDDING! LOL.

I got this thing with my stomach, lol, and, I am a picky eater.

Cookie, Here in Houston the Mayor is making it illegal to feed the homeless.

If you get caught, you get a fine.

I think that she has been down on the muffin too long.

That is one heck of a way to get revenue for the city of Houston. And the homeless get punished also.

Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
    Cookie, Here in Houston the Mayor is making it illegal to feed the homeless.

If you get caught, you get a fine.

I think that she has been down on the muffin too long
    That is one heck of a way to get revenue for the city of Houston. And the homeless get punished also.
    Wow. That is beyond mean, she should call her new law, The Cruel Law. I don't think she and I would get along very well. I think, it was the second date I had with Tim, waaaay back in 1980, when, I knew I wanted to marry this man and the reason? I will tell you the reason, lol. We stopped at a 7-11, and he ran in to buy a pack of cigerettes, this was dead of winter, so, I waited in the car. I noticed something different about him when he came back out. He didn't have his coat on. I was sitting there looking at him, knowing fully-well, this man had a coat on. I wasn't crazy. So, I said, " where's your coat?" He said and I remember this to the word, " don't worry about it." I looked out the window just in time to see a rather ragged looking man wearing his coat, walking down the parking lot. That was when, the moment to be exact, I knew this guy was for me. I just could never know if I liked him more or loved him more, I was that crazy about him.

Down the road, I was starting to kid him, saying, " where's that coat at?" lol. Eventually, he said, " I got alot of coats, someone didn't have one."

You got people like him in this world, and shamefully, got people like the woman you described. Imagine, how wonderful a world this would be if everyone thought of the next guy, and not let him go hungry, or cold, or homeless or sick. No matter how little someone can give, that little could matter so much more than anyone would ever imagine to someone who has nothing. Not a slice of bread to eat, nothing.

I used to work at a place where my girlfriends and I would sit outside and eat our lunches. They would always wonder why I packed 6 sandwiches, they thought I was a pig or should enlist into Overeaters A., until, they saw I gave my lunch away. Like I told them, giving is good for the waistline and increases longevity and nagged them until, they gave in with their lunch to some others nearby, including all the birds walking about.

I hope that woman mayor enacting that law never finds herself in a place where she may regret her decision. It might be a hard pill to swallow. There's one thing, I will never be, rich.
    Last edited by Cookie; 03-25-2012 at 11:01 AM.

I was a really lucky lady to have met him.
    Every year after we got married, we would take our income tax refund check and donate it to the soup kitchens.
    He volunteered to cook but, I had to stop him, cause between the 2 of us, we couldn't boil water. I told him, to give those people a break, their life is hard enough. I remembered when he tried to make stuff manicoti, those things were so hard you could had built walls with them. And, I make 2 types of chicken, what he called, either blood chicken (this was deadly) lol, or rubber chicken. It got so bad, that the supermarkets wouldn't sell me chicken anymore. The Colonels is by far, a lot better.

He would call at lunchtime asking what's for dinner. I would say, " chicken." He would say, " blood or rubber?" I would say, " which do you prefer?" He would say, thinking... " rubber, I don't want the skitters." LOL.

If you and Bob want, I can ship some out.
    Cookie, thanks, but I think I'll pass on your chicken delites.

Somone wrote a joke about how (down South) bad things are these days that so few people go to churches anymore, and one lady said while being interviewed "that's right, my friend, we all go to Popeye's for our chicken these days" lol
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

Homeowner
    Blog Entries

I had some fried Jumbo shrimp that had been caught literally 30 minutes earlier in Destin,Fl. The boats pulled up to the end of the pier and unloaded the shrimp and they cooked it at the shore end of the pier. 5 bucks for a plate full.

The freshest fish I ever had was still flopping in the bottom of the boat. Cut a slice of a live yellow fin tuna and ate it raw. I like it better cooked and the guy had a grill on the boat.

If you have never had really fresh seafood then you really dont know what your missing.

Here is a link to some pics of the place. Its really just a shack at the shore end of a pier. The boats pull right up to unload the fish and shrimp.

http://www.destinseafood.com/Coastal_Homes_Article.pdf
    Last edited by Hackney plumbing; 03-26-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Bob, Now that you mention it , that does sound right. lol

I know if you are gay she will be right by your side.
    No Don, one of the plumbers here last week seemed to be trying to convert me that way, lol, but I still prefer ladies. Oh, shit, Lady GAGA says she is. I like her music a lot, and she has a fine body. oooh La La! What a great song Bad Romance is!

Quote Originally Posted by Hackney plumbing View Post
    I had some fried Jumbo shrimp that had been caught literally 30 minutes earlier in Destin,Fl. The boats pulled up to the end of the pier and unloaded the shrimp and they cooked it at the shore end of the pier. 5 bucks for a plate full.

The freshest fish I ever had was still flopping in the bottom of the boat. Cut a slice of a live yellow fin tuna and ate it raw. I like it better cooked and the guy had a grill on the boat.

If you have never had really fresh seafood then you really dont know what your missing.

Here is a link to some pics of the place. Its really just a shack at the shore end of a pier. The boats pull right up to unload the fish and shrimp.

http://www.destinseafood.com/Coastal_Homes_Article.pdf
    Hackney, the best food I ever had in my life was found in a hole in the wall, in Tuscaloosa, Al, a place infamous to all there, called, Archibalds. Served only pork, ribs or on white bread, with there homemade sauce. Fantastic. It put Dreamland or anyother place to shame.

http://www.tuscaloosarestaurant.com/...Reviews/5.html
    This is it here, looks the same from whence I was there in the 80's... Love that place!
    http://blog.samdogbbq.com/2010/02/26...a-alabama.aspx

That is funny.

Girls are the way to go for me.

I never did like Fruit Cakes...
    Don, when I was a pre teen and then a teenager, I did not like gay people, and thought they chose to be that way, but as I got older and grew up, I realized that they are born that way, and don't chose to be that way. I have learned to accept them. I'm not saying I feel real comfortable associating with them amongst friends, although some friends have friends that are that way, and I do have some at work that are fine amongst the rest of us. I wish I were even better about it, but I am what I am. I do believe that God loves them as much as the rest of us, depite what the Bible says (a His-tory book written by men as to how they interpreted things). I was not there at Sodom and Gomorrah, were you?
    Last edited by Terry; 03-29-2012 at 12:44 PM.

I agree, I would have to ask the girls, May I join You. lol

I have heard it all now,

A lady in Houston got fined for Feeding a Stray Dog.

It is against the law to Give a Stray Dog Water.

I am glad I do not live in the Houston City Limits.

Don't give a homeless person money either, or pay a fine.

This Houston Mayor is a real work of art.

I think she needs to go back in the closet...

Have a Great Day.
    What a miserable person. She must be quite unhappy. This will sound mean I guess, but, sometimes, people like that need to experience the other half of life in order to know gratitude and happiness. I have come across such mean people I can't tell ya, one actually said to me, " I want to be mean." I told her this, " I want to be mean, too." and, I walked away laughing. She was serious. I wasn't. I know people honestly, that would not give the sweat off their brow to another human being let alone a dog, which they probably would kick instead, of give food or water to. Probably, Don, getting the big C was the best thing that happened to me, for it made me realize how lucky I am, and, I get so discriminated against at times, I feel lucky to be able to weed out the humans and non-humans. I could care less about someone's sexual chosing, that has never been an issue with me. I don't care if she likes women or men, she just sounds miserable and I am surprised if she has a love life at all. I don't know who would want her.

What a miserable person. She must be quite unhappy. This will sound mean I guess, but, sometimes, people like that need to experience the other half of life in order to know gratitude and happiness. I have come across such mean people I can't tell ya, one actually said to me, " I want to be mean." I told her this, " I want to be mean, too." and, I walked away laughing. She was serious. I wasn't. I know people honestly, that would not give the sweat off their brow to another human being let alone a dog, which they probably would kick instead, of give food or water to. Probably, Don, getting the big C was the best thing that happened to me, for it made me realize how lucky I am, and, I get so discriminated against at times, I feel lucky to be able to weed out the humans and non-humans. I could care less about someone's sexual chosing, that has never been an issue with me. I don't care if she likes women or men, she just sounds miserable and I am surprised if she has a love life at all. I don't know who would want her.
    Cookie, Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by BobL43 View Post
    Cookie, Amen!
    If you want to hear something funny about romance listen to this. A co worker said once to me, sometime ago, after I started dating the doctor, " you must be a hot little thing." WHAT! I said, " what did you just say?" I was not laughing, I was insulted. She went on saying that being I got cancer, it must be something else you got going for you. WHOA! I said to her, " yeah, it is called, attitude, I got a great attitude, a nice out going personality and I am KIND TO people and I LAUGH and, enjoy life!" See, she sucks. She can't laugh, she has a lousy attitude about everything. She can't get a date. She is younger than me by about maybe 5 years, she is divorced, she is tall, thin blonde and she thinks, it is all about looks. She tells me, I am too short...my hair is too red, ( i love my chemo red hair) and, who would want someone with your health problems... UNLESS, you are ... and she said, this, " putting out." WOW... now talk about MEAN.. and rude, and wrong... But, I laughed at her. She had a date once ( once) and was upset cause he didn't dress nicer. It was funny, I asked her what she expected him to dress like, a tux maybe?

People are unreal at times. I feel sorry for them, their is so much to be happy about, why they waste their lives is beyond me. I think too many people just got too much time on their hands. People should volunteer somewhere, a hospital will tune those up who think life is all about them.

I always imagine if those types of people would put all that misused energy into something productive what they could do instead, of tearing down.

I remember years ago, wanting to see sign language be offered in the schools, not to replace the standard Chinese, Russian and Spanish, but added as a choice to the students. Boy, I was shot down by those who couldn't see the forest through the trees. I heard the most ignorant remarks, ie, "it really isn't a language" duh, maybe, by those having to use it, it is. I think, there are by far many more deaf people in our community than those speaking Mandarin Chinese.

I noticed the other day, our ATM added yet, another "official" language, but, I still, fail to see anything for the blind.
    Last edited by Cookie; 03-27-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobL43 View Post
    Cookie, Amen!

I second that.

Maybe the Mayor will get run over by a Illegal Hoveround driving down the sidewalk in Houston.

This was so funny ... I had this happen to me tonite at work, where I work a part time job. It is 1 :30 am, and I am still laughing. Here goes,

In comes a doctor and his wife. He wants a new lab jacket, 2 of them, and he wants them monogramed. No problem. Until, he starts to go to fill out the form for it. It is elementary. Basic. SImple. I had to love this guy. He is going on a photo shoot and wants to look nice. So, he is filling out this form, and he is not doing it right. I said, " you are not doing it right." I explain why so. His wife understands, and says, " you are not doing it right." He can't figure out what he is doing wrong. I said, " the monogramer is going to think, you want all caps" adding, you got to do it this way. So, now he messes up, a letter in his name, he scratches it out, and tries to write over it, I said, " you can't do that, the monogamer is going to get confused." He said, " can I get rid of this page, and, start over?" I flipped the page saying, " this is my last book, " I was kidding him;, and, he started to do it wrong again. I said, " you are doing it wrong." Wife said, " you are doing it wrong." I said, laughingly, " you are not going to operate on me." He said, " you don't have a prostrate" I said, " how do you know, I could be a good looking man." We all are laughing. So, he said, when done, " how is this?" I said, " it is wrong." So, now, I am writing above the letters... this, Big S, little letters, Big L for middle initial, Last name... Big letter, little letters... He said, " MD" do I put a period there? I said, " you are never going to operate on me."

Now, I ring up the jackets, ring up the monograming charges, but, he is taking one with him, and going to bring it back later for monograming, he needs one for a photo shoot. I said, " you can't do that, it will confuse the monogramer" putting one a bag. I said, " she is like 100 years old."

Then, I find out, he knows my doctor, he is a radiation oncologist, they are associates, oh, that should be fun.

So, now, I got to figure out tomorrow, how to get this right. It was so funny. I had to love him. On his paperwork, it looks like a K- kid did it. I know I am going to hear about this mess, but, the laugh was worth it, and there was no way to change his mind, he was very insistent he was right. I really thought he was funny. Doctors can be so funny.

In the past, on the years I have been diagnosed, on chemo, I always just worked a part time job. This one year, the year when the planes was flown into our buildings in NY, I was working in a pharmacy as a tech. Well, it was crazy that day of course, people coming in buying ample extra medical supplies, water, which worried us, because we needed the distilled water to mix compounds. In comes this doctor in the madhouse and, he said, he wanted the choice drug of the time which everyone was an antibotic, Cipro, so, not thinking, I grabbed one of those bags that you put the meds in to give to a customer and started writing out the prescription for the doctor. The doctor on the other side of the counter, didn't realize it either, I didn't realize what was going on, either. There I am asking how the mg, how many days, by mouth, and, then, I laid it for the pharmacist to fill. She filled it, too.

It was the pharmacist who after she filled it noticed that it was written by a tech for a doctor on a bag. In the midst of the planes in NY, there was the 3 of us, laughing our butts off. And, it was written beautifully.
    Last edited by Cookie; 03-28-2012 at 11:11 PM.

You are so funny Cookie.

Keep up the good work...

You are so funny Cookie.

Keep up the good work...
    Yeah, I was laughing when they fired me for writing prescriptions without a medical license, lol. My one and only.
    I am eventually leaving this part time job, no need to get my face ripped off now, I stepped up, to getting my chances of getting shot.

When someone asks me what do I do for a living, I just say, " I don't know." Do you remember the old tv show, where the one man was all positions in town? He was the chief of police, the fire chief, the store keeper.... can't remember the name of the show, but, I wear many hats. One person asked me if I was a triplet, cause she saw me in 3 different places working,

No grass grows under these stilettos.
    Last edited by Cookie; 03-29-2012 at 08:56 AM.