Taxes

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
If any of you haven't had the pleasure of doing your taxes yet, I recommend without a doubt using, TaxAct.com. Boy, it is almost too easy. I love, absolutely, love doing taxes, so it kind of takes my fun away. :( I love the challenge.

Especially, if it is not my return, lol.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I am a turbotax guy. I was not thrillled when your buddy obamasan hit my SS for about $1800!

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I am a turbotax guy. I was not thrillled when your buddy obamasan hit my SS for about $1800!

Is that Obumya, or someone different ?

Taxes confuse me, I pay at the pump...

Cookie

Reaction score
Now, I don't know if you good people know this or not, but, H&R Block will do a second-look for free. I did a tax for someone which was kind of tricky, and, so, to be sure... I carted it down to the them, and they looked at it, and everything was fine with the return, and how funny, it was when, the agent said, " how would you like to work for us?" So, being, I had given some thought to actually, doing taxes on the side I told her, yeah. So, now, I will be taking classes after Labor day. I do them now for fun. Jimbo, I could do your taxes for you, you too, Don. :) I hear the prison food is good, kind of like airline food. Let me know. I won't charge much. lol. JUST kidding...

By the way, I bought gas and, I rapped on the pump thinking I could lower the price. :) I thought the gauge was stuck. Pretty high almost 4 a pop for unleaded.

Last edited:

DonL

Reaction score
Now, I don't know if you good people know this or not, but, H&R Block will do a second-look for free. I did a tax for someone which was kind of tricky, and, so, to be sure... I carted it down to the them, and they looked at it, and everything was fine with the return, and how funny, it was when, the agent said, " how would you like to work for us?" So, being, I had given some thought to actually, doing taxes on the side I told her, yeah. So, now, I will be taking classes after Labor day. I do them now for fun. Jimbo, I could do your taxes for you, you too, Don. :) I hear the prison food is good, kind of like airline food. Let me know. I won't charge much. lol. JUST kidding...

By the way, I bought gas and, I rapped on the pump thinking I could lower the price. :) I thought the gauge was stuck. Pretty high almost 4 a pop for unleaded.

That reminds me when a Tax man told me that I was short about $100 to claim a much bigger refund.

I was told just to claim a charitable deduction, the IRS will never know. I said no thanks that would be stealing.

Guess that is why Receipts are required now a days.

What comes around goes around. And NOTHING is TRULY free.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
That reminds me when a Tax man told me that I was short about $100 to claim a much bigger refund.

I was told just to claim a charitable deduction, the IRS will never know. I said no thanks that would be stealing.

I think you can claim up to 200.00 a year without a receipt if you itemize.

Cookie

Reaction score

In the business world, I guess nothing is ever free, always a price one pays. In most walks of life, the cost is hidden. But, it is sometimes as good as it gets; but everyone should do their 2 cents worth to make it a better life for someone else. That is priceless.

Cookie

Reaction score
I think you can claim up to 200.00 a year without a receipt if you itemize.
I claim each year, 75.00 because I write checks out to certain organizations. It is always the same. It goes to soup kitchens. I donate money to those a dollar here, and there, a five to one man asking for money with a dog on leash, standing on an intersection; but, I do not recognize any of that money as a claim, nor, church money, money put in a basket, just the check I write. I don't use donation slips to the Goodwill either. I don't use any of that as a claim either. I think, there are tons of people like me, and, I think, the reason why the IRS wants receipts now, is because they are greedy, lol. I think, it is the other way around. Just my opinion, I might be wrong, and Jim could be right. But, just so you know, if I do your taxes you could use my bill as a deduction, and, you could pay me 100 and write a thousand. KIDDING! LOL.

I got this thing with my stomach, lol, and, I am a picky eater.

Last edited:

DonL

Reaction score
Politicians are Leach's

80 % of my property taxes go for school taxes.

I own property that has no House no kids that I pay School taxes on.

They want too cut School teachers from the budget ? I just do not get it.

I am just going to quit paying School taxes, Until they put the money where it belongs. Others should do the same.

Politicians are Leach's and they Piss me off. They are just stealing from us and our children.

Definition of Politician: A schemer who tries to gain advantage in an organization in sly or underhanded ways..

Invest in Lead , You will need it soon, if you want to protect yourself and your children.

Don't expect Politicians too help you or your family or your children , they can not or will not even try...

DonL

Reaction score
Cookie why did you have to open this ???

Can_Of_Worms.jpg

Cookie

Reaction score
People without kids in school, should not have to pay school taxes. Period. We were trying to have a kid for 3 years, and all the while paying school taxes. When we headed to the doctor to start on fertility drugs, the doctor asked me why I wanted to do this. I told him, " well, we are paying school taxes I might as well, make it count." :) And, I am not being anything but fair, and I can prove that by saying, I am subbing.

What could be done is to give the option of whether you want to support the school district. Many people probably would, okay maybe, some people would, but, more importantly, it gives people a choice. Either way. Some can't afford this tax, should not have to stress over paying something which doesn't apply.

Last edited:

DonL

Reaction score
People without kids in school, should not have to pay school taxes. Period. We were trying to have a kid for 3 years, and all the while paying school taxes. When we headed to the doctor to start on fertility drugs, the doctor asked me why I wanted to do this. I told him, " well, we are paying school taxes I might as well, make it count." :) And, I am not being anything but fair, and I can prove that by saying, I am subbing.

What could be done is to give the option of whether you want to support the school district. Many people probably would, okay maybe, some people would, but, more importantly, it gives people a choice. Either way. Some can't afford this tax, should not have to stress over paying something which doesn't apply.

I do not mind paying, if the money went to the schools, but it does not.

Same as the Texas Lottery money.

Definition of Good Politician: A dead schemer who tried to gain advantage in an organization in sly or underhanded ways, and got caught.

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, Don, if it didn't the schools would all be closed, lol. So, obviously, some gets there, enough to keep the seats filled.

DonL

Reaction score
Well, Don, if it didn't the schools would all be closed, lol. So, obviously, some gets there, enough to keep the seats filled.

The teachers here are cheating on the students grades so that they get more money. And getting caught.

Now wonder the teachers are sleeping with the students.

You don't get something for nothing.

DonL

Reaction score
I claim each year, 75.00 because I write checks out to certain organizations. It is always the same. It goes to soup kitchens. I donate money to those a dollar here, and there, a five to one man asking for money with a dog on leash, standing on an intersection; but, I do not recognize any of that money as a claim, nor, church money, money put in a basket, just the check I write. I don't use donation slips to the Goodwill either. I don't use any of that as a claim either. I think, there are tons of people like me, and, I think, the reason why the IRS wants receipts now, is because they are greedy, lol. I think, it is the other way around. Just my opinion, I might be wrong, and Jim could be right. But, just so you know, if I do your taxes you could use my bill as a deduction, and, you could pay me 100 and write a thousand. KIDDING! LOL.

I got this thing with my stomach, lol, and, I am a picky eater.

Cookie, Here in Houston the Mayor is making it illegal to feed the homeless.

If you get caught, you get a fine.

I think that she has been down on the muffin too long.

That is one heck of a way to get revenue for the city of Houston. And the homeless get punished also.

Cookie

Reaction score
Cookie, Here in Houston the Mayor is making it illegal to feed the homeless.

If you get caught, you get a fine.

I think that she has been down on the muffin too long
That is one heck of a way to get revenue for the city of Houston. And the homeless get punished also.

Wow. That is beyond mean, she should call her new law, The Cruel Law. I don't think she and I would get along very well. I think, it was the second date I had with Tim, waaaay back in 1980, when, I knew I wanted to marry this man and the reason? I will tell you the reason, lol. We stopped at a 7-11, and he ran in to buy a pack of cigerettes, this was dead of winter, so, I waited in the car. I noticed something different about him when he came back out. He didn't have his coat on. I was sitting there looking at him, knowing fully-well, this man had a coat on. I wasn't crazy. So, I said, " where's your coat?" He said and I remember this to the word, " don't worry about it." I looked out the window just in time to see a rather ragged looking man wearing his coat, walking down the parking lot. That was when, the moment to be exact, I knew this guy was for me. I just could never know if I liked him more or loved him more, I was that crazy about him.

Down the road, I was starting to kid him, saying, " where's that coat at?" lol. Eventually, he said, " I got alot of coats, someone didn't have one."

You got people like him in this world, and shamefully, got people like the woman you described. Imagine, how wonderful a world this would be if everyone thought of the next guy, and not let him go hungry, or cold, or homeless or sick. No matter how little someone can give, that little could matter so much more than anyone would ever imagine to someone who has nothing. Not a slice of bread to eat, nothing.

I used to work at a place where my girlfriends and I would sit outside and eat our lunches. They would always wonder why I packed 6 sandwiches, they thought I was a pig or should enlist into Overeaters A., until, they saw I gave my lunch away. Like I told them, giving is good for the waistline and increases longevity and nagged them until, they gave in with their lunch to some others nearby, including all the birds walking about. :)

I hope that woman mayor enacting that law never finds herself in a place where she may regret her decision. It might be a hard pill to swallow. There's one thing, I will never be, rich.

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I was a really lucky lady to have met him.
Every year after we got married, we would take our income tax refund check and donate it to the soup kitchens.
He volunteered to cook but, I had to stop him, cause between the 2 of us, we couldn't boil water. :) I told him, to give those people a break, their life is hard enough. I remembered when he tried to make stuff manicoti, those things were so hard you could had built walls with them. And, I make 2 types of chicken, what he called, either blood chicken (this was deadly) lol, or rubber chicken. It got so bad, that the supermarkets wouldn't sell me chicken anymore. The Colonels is by far, a lot better.

He would call at lunchtime asking what's for dinner. I would say, " chicken." He would say, " blood or rubber?" I would say, " which do you prefer?" He would say, thinking... " rubber, I don't want the skitters." LOL.

If you and Bob want, I can ship some out. :)
Cookie, thanks, but I think I'll pass on your chicken delites.

Somone wrote a joke about how (down South) bad things are these days that so few people go to churches anymore, and one lady said while being interviewed "that's right, my friend, we all go to Popeye's for our chicken these days" lol

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
I had some fried Jumbo shrimp that had been caught literally 30 minutes earlier in Destin,Fl. The boats pulled up to the end of the pier and unloaded the shrimp and they cooked it at the shore end of the pier. 5 bucks for a plate full.

The freshest fish I ever had was still flopping in the bottom of the boat. Cut a slice of a live yellow fin tuna and ate it raw. I like it better cooked and the guy had a grill on the boat.

If you have never had really fresh seafood then you really dont know what your missing.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks