Taxes

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Now, Terry, this story you are about to read is true, not a word is embellished. :)
I had company today, this morning before work, and, I told this person that I have learned to make very good coffee. My friend waited in the livingroom, while I made it in the kitchen, and I like forgot to put the pot all the way under the top of it, where it drips from. For some reason, maybe due to age, and this repeatedly, happening, it started smoking really bad. It started to like smolder. So, I unplugged it and ran past my friend sitting on the sofa, and was running outside with it, when I guess I startled my 24 year old cat, who is nearly, blind, and, he wrapped himself around the calf of my leg, and I was standing there trying to shake him off, while holding the smoking, smoldering coffee maker.

I acted like nothing was happening the best I could.

Back in the kitchen, I had to use a strainer on the coffee for all the grinds got in it, plus, it wasn't done brewing and so, I had to add hot water from the sink. I have a feeling he won't be back.

Cookie

Reaction score
You see, I couldn't shake Bob, too hard, for in human years he would be maybe, 140 years old, older than dirt. I could shake his bones loose. Plus, he was sinking what teeth he had left into my leg. The indents on my leg shows where he lost a few teeth, their are gaps.

I don't date well.

Cookie

Reaction score
I once had this bag of popcorn, that set on fire in the microwave. I had construction men on the porch repointing the mortar, when, I flung open the door and thew a bag of flames out. :) Boy, were they were surprised.

I would had thrown it into the sink, but, I had stuff soaking in bleach, and I wasn't sure, how that would combine. :)

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Now, I thought those things were pretty funny, lol. I still laugh at the flaming popcorn bag. :)

I got a new transformer this morning! Bright and early when the coffee was brewing ( new coffee maker) it shut off half-way through, due to loss of power. Boy, they are on the ball. They closed off my road, and shut off everyone's power, I imagine, all their coffee makers, too. Ah, heck, I should had asked them, if that thing I found in the driveway was part of the plate. Shucks, I forgot.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks dear God!

Now, I thought those things were pretty funny, lol. I still laugh at the flaming popcorn bag. :)

I got a new transformer this morning! Bright and early when the coffee was brewing ( new coffee maker) it shut off half-way through, due to loss of power. Boy, they are on the ball. They closed off my road, and shut off everyone's power, I imagine, all their coffee makers, too. Ah, heck, I should had asked them, if that thing I found in the driveway was part of the plate. Shucks, I forgot.

Oh, Cookie, what a boring life I live compared to yours:). I've been re-doing my master bathroom for close to a year now: http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=94744 . On the last page, you can see its almost done. Not quite done, but close. It looks really nice, and my wife is very pleased with it, so that makes me very happy. I did not post any "before" pictures there, but it is a drastic change, very drastic.
Actually, the latest pictures are here at Terry's somewhere: https://terrylove.com/forums/showth...estal-Lavatory&p=339788&highlight=#post339788:cool:

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
You are doing great work, and I love the look. It is crisp looking and has a nice flair. How much more to go? Regarding, my life it can be very boring, just most of the time, it is busy. I had a long day, spending 2 hours at the doctors for PTSS, which I suffer with and which, wears me out; hopefully, someday I can fix it.

My neighbor age 86, came over and wanted to know, ( laughingly) what type of dryer I have. I told her, " big, it is big, huge, massive, and can peel the paint off of walls." Told her, that it dries the clothes until, they fall apart, lol. Everyone was affected by this. The light company had to go around I found out by my neighbor and had to ask if it was okay, if the power would be off for about an hour. Most asked what happened, and, the light company told them, that I turned on my dryer and blew the wire off. To this light company I say, THANKS! :)

Cookie

Reaction score
I knew your pictures reminded me of something, and I couldn't put my finger on it. But, I recently, showed a house whose bath had a vintage look, really nice. Kind of reminded me of yours. This house was in the Villas and, mega bucks.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I knew your pictures reminded me of something, and I couldn't put my finger on it. But, I recently, showed a house whose bath had a vintage look, really nice. Kind of reminded me of yours. This house was in the Villas and, mega bucks.
My neighborhood was always a working class type where there was some pride in the way most people kept the outside of their houses and properties decent. Past couple of years, it seems like its becoming a white trash redneck area where peoples front lawns look like Sanford and Son's back yard. Man, I loved that show!
The little details seem to be the most time consuming. Maybe another week of part time efforts to finish it.

Thanks for the compliments Cookie

This continues to be the only website where my cursor gets stuck for periods of time. What's up with that Terry?

Cookie

Reaction score
To me, that is the cozy look, lol. If I described a home like you said, I would write up maybe this: Nice cozy home with a comfortable feeling inside or out. :)
Lots of storage space, ideal for a collector.

( I'm good aren't I?) lol.

I was watching the Hellman's station on tv. I don't know if you get that station, but, they give out chicken recipes. The store yesterday lost their head and sold me ... chicken. So, I am going to try this:

Crispy Parmesan Chicken

1/2 C. of Hellmans
1/4 C of Parmesan cheese
Mix that.

Put 4 chicken breasts in pan
Spread this mixture on the top of the chicken
Then, sprinkle 4 Tbsp of Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs ontop

If you add more, it will make it crispier. Bake at a pre-heated oven, at 425, for 20 minutes or until, done.

I am going to try this. If this works out and no one gets sick ( :) ) I will make another recipe I got from the tv, called, BBQ Nuggets.

I am heading to the kitchen, I think that room is called, with my apron and hardhat.

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
To me, that is the cozy look, lol. If I described a home like you said, I would write up maybe this: Nice cozy home with a comfortable feeling inside or out. :)
Lots of storage space, ideal for a collector.

( I'm good aren't I?) lol.

I was watching the Hellman's station on tv. I don't know if you get that station, but, they give out chicken recipes. The store yesterday lost their head and sold me ... chicken. So, I am going to try this:

Crispy Parmesan Chicken

1/2 C. of Hellmans
1/4 C of Parmesan cheese
Mix that.

Put 4 chicken breasts in pan
Spread this mixture on the top of the chicken
Then, sprinkle 4 Tbsp of Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs ontop

If you add more, it will make it crispier. Bake at a pre-heated oven, at 425, for 20 minutes or until, done.

I am going to try this. If this works out and no one gets sick ( :) ) I will make another recipe I got from the tv, called, BBQ Nuggets.

I am heading to the kitchen, I think that room is called, with my apron and hardhat.

Sounds like your new husband will be a happy man.

I love some good home cooking.

The new gen wife can push the microwave button, if you show them what button to push.

Cookie

Reaction score
I like home cooking, too, just not mine. There is alot to be said about eating out. I order very well, either dining in or taking out. I do well, even over the phone. I am your person for this. I had one of those microwaves you said, you push a button? Well, I pushed that button that said, " chicken" I came back 40 minutes later and still, nothing was in there.

Mine was defective.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
The chicken was delectable! I can't believe I cooked this, lol. I should take a picture and frame this, :) Next, BBQ nuggets.
Bob tell your wife to try making this, I am going to make it for Easter. I can't wait to tell everyone I will be making chicken. :)

Won't they be surprised. lol. and, I bet very happy. I can see them all, sitting there staring down at their plates, lol. I will say, " eat, eat, don't be shy."

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
They were north of here.

We did not even get much rain.

They were something to watch on TV, especially the videos of those trailers flying up a couple of hundred feet in the air. Thank God nobody was killed there in Dallas.

Cookie

Reaction score
Unbelieveable stength and force. Nothing like it. My husband and I experienced 5 of them in our lifetime. I hope to God, I never, ever see another. One we actually out drove, he did some fancy driving that day. I was laying on the floor behind the seats ontop our young sons that day. Scary. It was bearing right down on us, and we were in the mountains on a windy road yet. That one, took out half the mountainside. It appeared out of nowhere, no warning of anykind and no place to go. We were so very lucky that day. The other time was in 98, I just got home from the hospital and my arm was in a sling, I was just told that day, I had the Big C. I was standing in front of our large kitchen window looking out and saw the most amazing clouds. They were like numerous marshmallow-shaped clouds, kind of like parachutes, and was low, and the colors ranged from orange to whatever. I told my husband to come look at this. Later, we found out they were, supercelled. Tornado. Well, we walked downback and looked up at these amazing clouds and, then the hail started, and we then, knew, something was pending. Upstairs he ran to get the boys and we were in our basement listening to exactly, a freight train going by. I got angry. I opened the garage door and was standing in the driveway, ( doing the stupidest thing I ever did in my life) and saw not one, but 3 sidewinders in the not far off distance going by, they looked like they were dancing. This was a bad day for me. And, with my good arm, I raised it like Scarlett Ohara in the movie, Gone with the Wind, and said, " I swear to God, I will beat this!" and, next I knew my husband was pushing me back into the garage. I still laugh thinking how silly I was, and stupid, and angry. The other twister we experienced in Alambama. Nothing eventful with it other than we had to hide in a trench in the woods, and we prayed. Prayed like crazy. The boys again, was young, but, old enough to know, it was dangerous. Oh, the destruction they are capable of doing. The 3 side winders, again, took out part of a mountain, a different one, but, created havoc on homeowners. We were lucky again. The winds made a mess, but, left our house virtually alone, but, the hail took out our hostas, and other landscaped areas. The hail was big. My husband kept a piece in the freezer for a long long time, until, an unusal heat wave knocked out our electricity for a week, and it melted. I feel for those people, I truly know what the fear feels like, one which, you have absolutely, no control over. No one controls Mother Nature and her sometime, fury.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks