Bathtub?

Users who are viewing this thread

riverdog

Reaction score
First of all i would like to say hello as i am new here.....

What my question is....

I live in Ontario Canada
and in my house i have a bathroom with a tub toilet and sink...

Am i allowed to remove the tub and just put a stand up shower?

or as code do i have to have a tub in my house?

Thanks for your time:D

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Doubt you are required to have a tub in the house, but it may be a bad selling point when the time to sell comes around. People with small children generally want a tub. In Canada, they allow a shower drain to remain at 1.5", so you dont' have to change that to 2" like you would in the USA, but you probably will want to move it to the center of the new shower.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Converting your washroom into a walk in shower could increase the value of your home depending on your homes make up. I don't think you should worry about the re-sale value of your home for an undetermined sale date. For right now and to stay in your home longer making a home more accessible is a smart move.

We rip them out all the time here in Vancouver and never once has a client regretted it.

Your home with a lovely walk in shower will appeal to a large demographic of Canadians.

Most young families with kids are looking for a starter home and those parents who really like your place could always put a baby bath in the shower.

If you want it - make it happen.

JW

What my question is....

I live in Ontario Canada
and in my house i have a bathroom with a tub toilet and sink...

Am i allowed to remove the tub and just put a stand up shower?

or as code do i have to have a tub in my house?

Thanks for your time:D[/QUOTE]

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks