Need technical advice for Tee off 1-1/4" PE pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Brianslink

Reaction score
Hello, I installed 1-1/4" PE pipe (blue in color) water service line coming from the water meter into the crawlspace of my new house. The pipe has an actual OD 1.25" and an ID of 1.05". Just to reiterate...This is not PEX, it is PE pipe.

I have the PE pipe coming through a sleeve in the foundation and up into the crawlspace. I plan to hit my 3 hose bibs before taking the PE line to the distribution manifold in my garage where everything will change to PEX. I plan to use (3) 1-1/4"x 1-1/4"x 3/4" Zurn brass barbed reducing tees, one at each point where I will need to run to a hose bib. My question is; is there a better (less restrictive and less prone to breakage) type of reducing tee I can use? I see the Zurn Tee straight run has an ID of .86"

Brianslink

Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of. I wanted to use 1-1/4" Aquapex to avoid restriction, but I have 180' from my meter to my distribution manifold. The cost for 200' of the PE pipe was $96.00 and the cost for 200' of the 1-1/4 Aquapex was $675.00.

Can the PE pipe be joined with some type of compression tee or other method that might not have a restrictive insert?

Jerome2877

In the Trades
Reaction score
philmac.jpg

A Philmac fitting would work.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about that little bit of restriction. If you have descent pressure its not going to matter.

Brianslink

Reaction score
I noticed the Pex Press Tee fittings have a sleeve with a larger bore...I think it was .95" but I don't think my PE pipe is compatible with the Viega is it?

Mliu

Reaction score
Why not take your PE straight to your manifold, then route a PEX line back to your hose bibs. Advantages: no intermediate connections in your PE, no restrictions in your supply line, and your hose bibs will be on a shut-off valve at your manifold.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks