HELP!..Bosch 125BO pilot goes out randomly

Users who are viewing this thread

WLW

Reaction score
I have an older (3 years) Bosch 125BO that has a standing pilot. After fixing a bad sonnection to the sensor on the upper right (says 120 deg.) that runs from the thermocouple and to the temp sensor, it will light and stay lit, only to go out later in the day. I can relight it and run hot water on and off, just to return later and the pilot is out again. I am puzzled, please help. I don't know what that sensor that says 120 deg. on it is or does, but it was the problem origionally.

thank you in advance.

Will

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Flame sensors and thermocouples are prone to failure, and will sometimes fail quickly if there are traces of organic chemicals contaminating the combustion air, otherwise they're usually good for a decade or so. If you can clean up the business-end of the thermocouple with a fine plastic scouring pad you might get a few months or even a year out of it. (or not- it depends.) More aggressive abrasives like emery cloth or 600 grit sandpaper may work too, but can create surface roughness that only makes the problem recur sooner.

Any bad electrical connection in the loop could also cause issues too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks