Noritz N 069 M starts without cause

Users who are viewing this thread

dad353

Reaction score
I had this tankless installed now for 6 years with no problem at all.
But now for some unknown reason, to me, randomly throughout the day it starts up fires the flame then shuts off. It can do that once or in multiples of 5 at a time.
I could understand if there is water flow but there are is no water going anywhere including leakage within the system.
I had just completed a descaling which did nothing but clean the unit.
My thoughts are that since no one instigates the water flow that there must be a sensor within the unit that erroneously thinks that water is flowing and starts the heating process.
Any thoughts on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
Do you have a remote controller connected to the unit? If not connect one and it might throw a trouble code.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Just to be sure, (if you have a water meter it's easier) double-check that there isn't some flow. You could have a leak somewhere.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks