New vanity install - P trap issue

Users who are viewing this thread

bones2116

Reaction score
So I decided to redo our bathroom by replace the old vanity with a newer one. Everything went great until I went to put the new vanity in and the current P trap is to low and now I cant get the vanity in place. My question is that the current p trap goes into the wall the runs horizontally behind it to what I think is the main drain. Can I raise the p trap and where it enters the wall and then have it drop down to where it use to be? Any help would be great as I never done plumbing before.

Jason

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
In the wall there should also be a vent. You cannot have more than 1/4" of drop (pitch) per foot of pipe between the trap and it's vent.

If you install so that there is too much pitch between the trap and vent, the trap can be siphoned by the flow of water through the pipe. This will allow sewer gas, drain flies, etc., to come into the house through the drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks