Installing Neo Angle Corner Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

umcolin

Reaction score
I have an existing, rectangular corner shower.. a cheap one.

I just bought a new neo angle corner shower. The center for the shower drain is 2" off centre from each wall. Can I just put up 2, 1/2" sheets of drywall to offset that or is there a solution anyone else can think of? I was told by a contractor that I can't, couldn't come up with a reason, just that I couldn't.

I've never actually installed one, but I'm going to give it a try, ANY input would be great, and thanks !

umcolin

Reaction score
The Base

The base of the shower is a solid piece, and it says to have it right up against the studs and the wall to hang over it. Can I just put the two sheets up and leave the existing wall, serving as the studs or is that just something you don't do?

Chassis

Engineer
Reaction score
umcolin,

Drywall isn't good for use in showers, unless you are using Kerdi waterproofing membrane on the walls. I don't know the details of your shower base, or wall framing, but to me it would seem like you can shim out the shower base with wood, as long as the connections from the base, through the shims, and into the existing studs is solid. You would then need to shim out the cement backerboard for your shower walls, but this may create a domino affect if there is adjacent drywall outside the shower area. There is a lot of missing information that you should provide for others to give informed opinions.

Also try this site for shower installation: www.johnbridge.com

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks