Mystery shower valve, Price Pfister

Users who are viewing this thread

pameye

Reaction score
My daughter just bought a house and wants to replace the faucet trim. I don't see anything to let me know the manufacturer
of this tub/shower diverter valve. The house was built in the early 80's. Under the cold and hot water valve are shutoffs. This picture is the hot water stem. Would a picture of the valve body be a help? BTW, this is my first post, so let me know if I need to do anything else. Thanks for your help.

stem.jpg

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Picutures of the handles will help. Someone will probably recognize the diverter anyway. Stay tuned,

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Keep in mind that trim is specific to the valve manufacturer, and with something 30+ years old, there may no longer be any new trim that would fit (you can likely find replacements for the guts, though). Then, a valve that old likely doesn't have the anti-scald technology of all new (code complient anyway) valves. So, with that in mind, maybe it would be better to consider updating the valve to something new, in the trim of choice, that would prevent inadvertent potential injury from a hot spurt of water should someone flush a toilet or something that upsets the pressure balance in the system.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't think we need more photos....the nice photo editing by terry, putting the two side by side....confirms it is the PP. When you buy a new one, the outer portion, from about 2½" mark on the ruler in the photo, is a large plastic piece. Looks weird but is the correct replacement.

pameye

Reaction score
I already got the pix so, I will add them anyway, maybe help someone else.

Thanks for all the help. Your knowledge is awesome.IMG_0449.jpgIMG_0445.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks