Double Sanitee Vs Double Wye

Users who are viewing this thread

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
My sewer line exits through the sidewall of my basement about 3ft below grade and about 3ft above basement floor. I need to tie in two 4" drains from the floors above, one coming from left and one from right. (and leave a cleanout also). It appears that either of these double DWV fittings would/could do the job with some street elbows on either side.

I'm in CT and we use IPC for our plumbing code. What will meet code for this application? If both are allowable, any advantage to one vs the other?

Double Sanitee
http://www.pexsupply.com/Spears-P428-040-4-PVC-DWV-Double-Sanitary-Tee

vs

Double Wye
http://www.pexsupply.com/Spears-P611-040-4-PVC-DWV-Double-Wye

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A "double san tee", actually a "sanitary cross" is the same as a sanitary tee, it cannot be used in a horizontal drain line. As a practical matter, it is also a poor fitting in a vertical drain line also. EIther a double Y or a double combo has to be used for your application.

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
WE would need some diagram so we can tell HOW you intend to install the fitting and connect the other items to it. Right now we do not know if it will be horizontal or vertical, or where the other items are coming from to hook to it. A "double elbow" is a very poor drain fitting to use in most cases, although it works fine for vents.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks