Bathroom venting question

Users who are viewing this thread

wrea398

Reaction score
Hi guys. I am in the middle of chosing a new vanity for my bathroom. The choices I am down will most certainly make me have to move the sink drain and the (revent) vent line to the left about 8". My question is about vent pipe orientation in relation to the sink drain. The main sink drain goes from the sink, thru the wall and tees right and left. RH goes to the main drain about 4 feet away and also tees up and vents to the roof. LH goes into the revent pipe that goes up the wall cavity about 6 feet and 90s right and goes over to the same vent line that exits the roof. My setup is pictured below. What I want to do is also pictured next to it. Moving the sink make the revent pipe go from LH of the sink drain to RH of the sink drain. Not sure if it will move air the same way. let me know what you think. BTW.... the wall has only been opened up about 24" from the floor to access the drain and water lines. I wanted to leave all vent pipes alone if possible.

Attachments

• sink drain.jpg
    sink drain.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

wrea398

Reaction score
WOW that was fast... Thanks Tom. Just wasn't sure if the revent tube HAD to be before the drain or if it could be after. Thanks again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks