how to handle internal concrete walls?

Users who are viewing this thread

lmei007

Reaction score
I have three internal separation 10" concrete walls. Should I insulate them first or just put frame against them?

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Are there any signs of moisture on these walls (efflorescence or staining)? Tape a sheet foil or plastic at least 10 x10" in size against the wall 2-3' from the floor for a week (maybe even in a few places, especially a foot or so from an intersection with an exterior wall), and see if the concrete under the sheet looks damp or in any way different from the fully exposed wall.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Lessee...

...subsoil temps less than 50F... (check!)

....design frost-depth of 48"... (check!)

...concrete partition intersects exterior foundation wall with no exterior insulation... (check!)

Nope, no insulation needed here! :rolleyes:

Compared to Cave Creek AZ with ~70F deep subsoil temp, and a 100-year design frost depth of 3" that NEEDs no frost-heave considerations on how deep the foundation footings need to be...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks