CR100 with KDF-85

Users who are viewing this thread

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Good, had me going for a bit..
Zeolite does not like additives in the salt.
Move the default days and up the back wash time and it should get back to working.

Royerm

Reaction score
Good, had me going for a bit..
Zeolite does not like additives in the salt.
Move the default days and up the back wash time and it should get back to working.

Okey Dokey, thanx a million for your expertise and I'll keep you posted

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Because I have a spec sheet for Water Right and the different units.

Rjh2o

Reaction score
Is the smell coming from the cold water and hot or just hot? Also is the smell more prevalent at one particular faucet? Has the water been tested for iron bacteria? The chlorine generator has an adjustment from 10% on up and it may be a matter of having to turn the chlorine generator up depending on the H2S, iron bacteria or sulfate bacteria levels. A 10 x 54 sanitizer should have 28 lbs of KDF 85. Many dealers are nor adding the KDF media because of the expense of the media.
Has the water been consistently soft?
RJ

Royerm

Reaction score
Is the smell coming from the cold water and hot or just hot? Also is the smell more prevalent at one particular faucet? Has the water been tested for iron bacteria? The chlorine generator has an adjustment from 10% on up and it may be a matter of having to turn the chlorine generator up depending on the H2S, iron bacteria or sulfate bacteria levels. A 10 x 54 sanitizer should have 28 lbs of KDF 85. Many dealers are nor adding the KDF media because of the expense of the media.
Has the water been consistently soft?
RJ

Smell is on both, I have a tankless water heater(electric).

Same scheme on any faucet, I mean by this that the water is OK for 5 glasses, than smell for 5 glasses
anf If I keep it running it goes away????

No iron bacteria..

The adjustment for the chlorine generator is new to me...

Not sure how many lbs of KDF was added but some was added 2 months
after the initial install.

And last water has been soft Yes..

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I think you might have bacteria growth somewhere in the softener or in the plumbing.

Do you have any disposable cartridge filters anywhere in the system?

If so you might want to do this; remove the cartridge and put a 1/2-2/3rds liquid cup of non scented bleach in the housing and run water to all faucets in the house one at a time checking for chlorine smell with a glass as the water is running, bending over with your nose on the rim of the glass so you can smell the air coming out of the glass. That's so you don't run out of bleach before you're done with the last faucet. When done let the water sit in the plumbing for at least a half hour before flushing it out.

If no disposable filter, then a 1/3 cup of bleach in a gallon of water poured into the water in your salt tank and do a manual regeneration pulling the plug on the control valve and putting the control in the by pass position when all the water that can be sucked out of the salt tank has been. Wait 30 minutes and plug the control in and put the by pass in Service and allow the unit to finish the regeneration.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
The older WaterRight systems did not have an adjustable chlorine generator.. It came on and then turned off when the time was up.
Now it is possible that the chlorine generator is not giving all that it should but still in the range that the program is looking for to set the yellow light and beep.

How long now has the system been running with the changed settings?

Royerm

Reaction score
The older WaterRight systems did not have an adjustable chlorine generator.. It came on and then turned off when the time was up.
Now it is possible that the chlorine generator is not giving all that it should but still in the range that the program is looking for to set the yellow light and beep.

How long now has the system been running with the changed settings?

I've done so far 2 regen in 4 days(started manually) and set at 4 days interval.
I don't seems to be able to change the individual parameters, backwash and rinse.
I can get to the parameter by holding the REGEN button and pressing NEXT to scroll to the
different parameters but cannot seems to be able to change them, I've press plus and minus
while on the backwash parameter thinking it would change it but NOPE.

any suggestions?????

Royerm

Reaction score
I think you might have bacteria growth somewhere in the softener or in the plumbing.

Do you have any disposable cartridge filters anywhere in the system?

If so you might want to do this; remove the cartridge and put a 1/2-2/3rds liquid cup of non scented bleach in the housing and run water to all faucets in the house one at a time checking for chlorine smell with a glass as the water is running, bending over with your nose on the rim of the glass so you can smell the air coming out of the glass. That's so you don't run out of bleach before you're done with the last faucet. When done let the water sit in the plumbing for at least a half hour before flushing it out.

If no disposable filter, then a 1/3 cup of bleach in a gallon of water poured into the water in your salt tank and do a manual regeneration pulling the plug on the control valve and putting the control in the by pass position when all the water that can be sucked out of the salt tank has been. Wait 30 minutes and plug the control in and put the by pass in Service and allow the unit to finish the regeneration.
No disposable filter and thx for your process suggestion without one....

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Kind of sounds like you are for the most part locked out of the other side of the programing.
Would need to know the valve control that is in question.
Photo is the best ..

Royerm

Reaction score
IMG_2645 (Medium).jpg
Kind of sounds like you are for the most part locked out of the other side of the programing.
Would need to know the valve control that is in question.
Photo is the best ..

About this????

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Some one has done a number on either the Fleck or Clack...
But if one goes on that it is the Clack control that is the base of this..

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I guess you could call or contact Greenway or Clack. Or whoever you bought the thing from but...

If the programing has you locked out and you don't have instructions on how to unlock it, you need the instructions either verbally over the phone as you unlock it or in print for use now and in the future. No?

By pushing buttons attempting to get it to change the programming, you can lock it yourself.

Royerm

Reaction score
I guess you could call or contact Greenway or Clack. Or whoever you bought the thing from but...

If the programing has you locked out and you don't have instructions on how to unlock it, you need the instructions either verbally over the phone as you unlock it or in print for use now and in the future. No?

By pushing buttons attempting to get it to change the programming, you can lock it yourself.

Just called Greenway and waiting on a response on my situation of smell
and will ask them how to Unlock when they return the call.

People that I bought it from are not too HOT, if you know what I mean.
I think that from now on I will call directly myself the Greenway people.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score

I locked myself out of my alarm system by changing the installers code. Basically the unit was trash at that point. They said I could send it to them and have it unlocked but with shipping I think I could buy a new "brain" for 20 bucks more.

In this situation with it being water treatment they should be able to walk him through it like you say.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks