Question about basement bathroom setup

Users who are viewing this thread

pastfast125

Reaction score
I would like to use the quick jon 102 for a bathroom in my basement. Can I run a toilet, sink, and bathtub/shower to it, either that or a whirlpool tub/shower? also in order to hide the quick jon, I need to have my flooring up on 2x6's, what do I use to put over them? plywood? Thanks.

Speedbump

Reaction score
You might want to move this post to the "Toilet Forum Discussions". This one is about pumps and wells. You will probably get a lot more help on your question there.

bob...

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
pastfast125 said:
I would like to use the quick jon 102 for a bathroom in my basement. Can I run a toilet, sink, and bathtub/shower to it, either that or a whirlpool tub/shower? also in order to hide the quick jon, I need to have my flooring up on 2x6's, what do I use to put over them? plywood? Thanks.

2x6's with an approved subfloor which I think plywood would work. The subfloor is what you would put your flooring on, I'd give you more info but I've only dealt with concrete subflooring for years.

Isn't the quick jon set up to handle all wastes above the main flooring, piped to a holding tank then pumped to the waste system? If not I may be way off... :eek:

pastfast125

Reaction score
actually..there might be a change of plans, I was talking to a friend who said the right way to go is to get a big holding tank put in below the concrete, then have all my stuff running to that, then pump that out to something tapped into the sewer or whatever. Anybody have any thoughts on that, also have any idea on the cost for that?

pastfast125

Reaction score
ok heres my plan, On this section of the forum, if u scroll down theres a post about a guy with a 30 yr old ejector system that he hade to replace, the new set up he put in, thats what I would like to do, just put that in, and then run all my stuff, bathroom, kitchen, all that to it, then splice it into the sewer line or something. What are your thoughts on this, also if this is an idea worth looking into, how do I find the closest point where it could be connected to the sewer line, what do I have to do about venting, and anything else you guys can think of. Thanks.

catswan

Reaction score
Sump Pump and Upflush All In One?

pastfast125 said:
ok heres my plan, On this section of the forum, if u scroll down theres a post about a guy with a 30 yr old ejector system that he hade to replace, the new set up he put in, thats what I would like to do, just put that in, and then run all my stuff, bathroom, kitchen, all that to it, then splice it into the sewer line or something. What are your thoughts on this, also if this is an idea worth looking into, how do I find the closest point where it could be connected to the sewer line, what do I have to do about venting, and anything else you guys can think of. Thanks.
Junior Member:
We have to replace an upflush toilet. Just behind the toilet wall is a sump pump that receives gray water from a shower stall and sink in the same bathroom. I'm trying to find out if it is possible to compbine a sump pump with an upflush toilet system, sink, shower/tub. Is that what you are trying to find out too? Let me know. Thanks. Catswan

pastfast125

Reaction score
I'mnot sure what we're doing right now, I have to get up to the house and find out whether I need an ejector or not. I will be finding out over the holidays so I will let you guys know. I'm hoping it already has a lin running underneath so I can just tie into that. I think my hardest project in this will be running a new vent line if I have to, which, knowing my luck, I will probably have to do.maybe one of these day's I'll post a pic of my planned design for this apartment, give you guys somethin to look at if ur bored. :cool:

SumppumpPimp

In the Trades
Reaction score
daveatthelake said:
Hey zollerpump what does something like that tank and pump kit run to purchase?

These are all list prices, :cool:

100, $758.50
101, $699.00
102, $831.20

I would not have any idea on how much these will cost you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks