Replacing tank on vfd

Users who are viewing this thread

Greenmonster304

Reaction score
The tank for my vfd started to leak so I want to replace it but I am not sure what pressure to charge the new tank to. I wasnt sure if the vfd tanks get charged differently. Thanks in advance for your help.

JPat

Reaction score
Website
huemannwelldrilling.com
Hmmm. Every VFD we have installed, the manufacturer recommends 70% air pressure to running pressure...Doing the math for you; if your running pressure is 60psi the pre-charge in the tank should be 42psi.

JPat

Reaction score
Website
huemannwelldrilling.com
Meh, tanks go bad all the time. The rubber that most companies are using is recycled... "Do it yourself" tanks have a high failure rate as well. 5yr warranty on all tanks!!!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Bladder or diaphragm type tanks only go bad for two reasons. Either they rust through, or the bladder breaks. Most of the busted bladders I see on tanks with a VFD, are from the pump not shutting off when it should, causing the pressure to spike and bust the bladder.

One of the big box stores has a 32 gallon tank with a lifetime warranty. I guess it doesn’t have recycled rubber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks