Natural alkaline mineral water for drinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Natural alkaline mineral water for drinking. I see the ads for this, and have a friend that swears by the stuff. I also see the ph charts all over that mention that fish can't live in acidic water. It makes me wonder if I've been drinking the right stuff all these years.

Here are a few charts on the subject.

ph_scale_saka.jpg

Saka chart
http://www.sakawater.com.au/

ph_scale.jpg

Check this chart

ph_scale_2.jpg

A chart on PH

ph_scale_puget_sound.jpg

From the Seattle Times article on acid rainoff into Puget Sound
Puget Sound's Acidification

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I don't know if their 8.0 pH alkaline water would be good or bad for people but, in nature surface water is usually right at 7.0 pH and what mankind has been using forever until we started drilling wells and messing up surface waters with our garbage and many different man made chemicals and compounds. Which are now getting into our groundwater.

I should say that to get any benefit from what is in water, you must drink a lot of it and too much water can kill you quickly.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've heard of people drinking too much water and dying. And the health benefits of drinking "enough" water.
My doctors mentioned that some acidic things like tomato's can be a bit rough on the system, but they didn't really say what would be good either.
Alcohol like from a shot glass isn't real good for your stomach. I think beer isn't too bad in moderation. At least it's watered down.
In fact I saw a documentary called "How Beer Saved the World".

Did you know that beer was critical to the birth of civilization? That’s right – beer. Scientists and historians line up to tell the amazing, untold story of how beer helped create math, poetry, pyramids, modern medicine, labor laws, and America.

how-beer-saved-the-world.jpg

How Beer Saved the World

Last edited:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
First off, we don't live in the water, we just drink small amounts of it. The pH in our stomach changes the pH of what we drink anyway.

Beer is better for you anyway. Leave the water for washing and beer making.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Nice Info Terry.

My well water runs around 8, but not sure how good it is to drink.
I drink it and have not died yet, been drinking it for about 20 years.

I do try to drink Beer instead of the water, just in case the water could be bad.

Your charts shows why snails die from drinking Beer, Interesting.

I say drink Beer, Just to be on the safe side.

TGIF, Have a Good Friday, ALL. Bottoms UP...

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
LOL, this topic is a great one especially when the high pH, low orp crowd shows up to tell us all the benefits from drinking their special water.

We manufacture one of the best high pH filters on the market, we do the marketing, we sell tens of thousands throughout the world every month, and we make no health claims whatsoever. The real benefits from drinking the high pH high alkaline, high mineral water is the simple fact that the water tastes better, and people tend to drink more of it. The electronic water ionizers also tend to make the water more enjoyable to drink, and since people are investing 2-4 K on a device, they tend to make many changes in their life at the same time. They drive by McDonalds, instead of through it. I have no problem with all of the pH water devices, I have an issue with the crazy promises and wild claims. I could go on for hours on this subject but I will keep it simple.

Drinking high pH, low orp water will not cure cancer, diabetes, or make you live without illnesses eternally. If you have invested in one of htese sytems, consider part of a lifestyle change, drink more water, less soda, eat better food, less crap.

There is nothing wrong with that,

And regarding beer, I totally agree, drink a glass a beer a day, it is good for your health!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks