(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: pink water

DIY Junior Member

Red face pink water

Hi, I am new to this forum so I hope this question hasn't been asked before. We have a pentair water cleaning system. We have recently noticed that the potassium permaganate is ending up in our water tank. We have tried doing the obvious remedies but nothing seems to work. So the system is being bypassed at the moment. Any ideas on how we can remedy this?

DIY Senior Member mialynette2003's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irish girleen View Post
    Hi, I am new to this forum so I hope this question hasn't been asked before. We have a pentair water cleaning system. We have recently noticed that the potassium permaganate is ending up in our water tank. We have tried doing the obvious remedies but nothing seems to work. So the system is being bypassed at the moment. Any ideas on how we can remedy this?
    Please list the remedies you have tried. What type of valve do you have? A restricted drain will cause improper flushing which may cause the problem. An injector with debris in it could be the cause. More info needed.

Quote Originally Posted by irish girleen View Post
    What water tank? Is it a storage tank that then water is pumped/sucked out of and then another pump or gravity refills it like a cistern from a well or rainwater, creek, river etc.? Or is it a storage tank on your roof and gravity feed to the fixtures? If so, assuming the filter is on mains pressure, what is your mains pressure in psi?

Is the time of day set correctly and is the filter programmed to regenerate when no water is being used?

Is there more water in the PP tank than normal?

How old is the filter or, how long have you had it? Has it worked in the past or not?
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Homeowner
    Blog Entries

I had a customer wit the same problem......pink water and the dog paid the price. LOL

Water systems designer, R&D ditttohead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hehe, wouldnt surprise me. When the water comes out of the faucet like that, it is scary.

Personally, i like trying to rinse down pyrolox, that media is dirtier than... dirt.
    Carbsorb is another, it can run to the drain looking like the river from Charlie and the chocolate factory for hours during the startup procedure. 9% ash doesnt help.