My Beauty Secrets and Stayin Young Looking

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Okay, my best girlfriend is almost 17 years younger than me, and today while stopping over commented on various things. One, my home office. She couldn't believe the mess, but, like I told her, I knew where everything is at, was at, should be at, including the popcorn on the floor. She was amazed the paper trail led into the huge livingroom, and took over the big square coffee table. Like I told her, Chris, :) that, from all that paperwork you would think, I knew what I was doing right? Well, I DON'T, lol. Okay, okay, so, maybe sometimes, I do. Enough to earn some money. Now, after rummaging her way through the mounds of paperwork, the notebooks, the books, she found the laptop, which isn't even mine, it is a loaner. She was sitting there staring at me, and then, said, " you know, R, ( that is my nickname) you are old enough to be my mother." Like I told her, " if I gave birth when I was a mare 17!, or 16" Then, came out, well, I don't get it, why is it we are peers? Why is it, you don't look older than me, you don't act older than me, I don't get it..." she wanted to know my beauty secrets. LOL

I told her.

CHEMO. :) LOTS OF LOTS OF CHEMO! :) and, don't underestimate insanity, IT WORKS :)

Cookie

Reaction score
Okay, I will be serious. ( got a couple emails from girlfriends requesting this)... 1. Icecream. Eat lots of icecream. ( Now did u really think, I was going to be serious?) 2. Don't be serious. Laugh at least once an hour at something. Even if you have to laugh at yourself. Laughter feels good. 3. Feel good. Feel good about something at least 3 to 5 times a day. It can be from anything, I like to look out a telescope or read a good book. 4. Dive into an interest! Mine is home inspecting. I LOVE it. 5. NEVER quit learning! Learn something new at least once a day. Read the Yahoo comments :)

Now, oh girlfriends of mine, get to work!

I will accept 6, 7, and 8... from other readers. Even maybe, a 9 and a 10.

I know you are showing this to my littlest of buddies on the pediatric floor, so, a BIG HEY! TO my best little buddies! I love you guys... ( and gals)... :) Cookie like the Cookie Monster

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
A BIG big CONGRATS to Sandy for being such a big big girl! I am proud of you. See you with a surprise, the day after tomorrow. Get some sleep now Sandy mandy, xoxoxoxoxox This is for you baby girl.... :)

Cookie

Reaction score
You guys are beggin for it! lol. Now, if I say "hey" to you all, will you listen to Cookie, and get some sleep, pleaseeeeeee...

A big HEY to my buddies,

Jason, the man...
Donny, the coolest kid on the block,
Pammy my wammy,
and, Sandy my mandy!

I can't draw pictures here, lol. If I could I would, :) but, I do a great smiley face! And, this one is for all of you children that I love, that I adore, and who is driving me crazy! xoxoxoxoxo....

Nite T Nite guys and gals... imagine this being a great heart.... right... here... ( ) :) See you the day after tomorrow, love you veryvery much.

Cookie

Reaction score
Good morning Sandy-my mandy! I got the email, and the text, LOL, so, yes, I will post a Good morning to you! Good morning Sweetheart! I will see you tomorrow, and I did some pictures for you, and I got a really neat surprise for you, and your buddies... :) (*)

Cookie

Reaction score
What is Thomas doing? Oh, my... what "isn't" Thomas doing! Donny, he is zipping Bob around like he is on a racetrack. 500 mph at top speed! Poor Bob. And, Thomas loves it. This morning, Thomas wanted to play tag. He came up and jumped up, and "tagged" me. So, I tagged him right back, and then, he tagged me again, and I tagged him again. This went on and on and on until, he finally said, " okay, something new now please..." Thomas is a fast runner, a high jumper, he smells good, looks good, and is very snuggly. Donny, I will bring Thomas in when Dr. Bb, says, it is okay for your guys! We'll see, okay? Until, then, you can chase Jason around there. :)

Now, you draw me something really nice to hang on my wall here okay? And, yes, tell, the others, I really do have popcorn on the floor, lol. I am waiting on Thomas to eat it, :) Don't tell, Dr. Bb. it is our secret. Now, Cookie has some work to do here, I miss you guys. See you tomorrow. My love. xoxoxo

Cookie

Reaction score
I got your text on lunch, and it STILL sounded better than mine! Eat your lunch. :)
You kids are worse than me, lol.

Hello to Jason ... to Donny, to Sandy and mom :), and to Pammy! and, to Jewels, who is a spectacular nurse with an extra big heart.

I will try to draw something new,
watch:

<0)

Okay, that didn't work, I will try again:

0)

Still nothing, one more time!
I know this can be done. :) I am good at smiley's...

^...)

that is interesting right? humor Cookie, say you love it, :)

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I was working, lol. I am now home eating a very nutritious snack. I got my bags packed and ready to go, filled with surprises for my favorite kids! Jewels, I got them horns is that okay? :) See you at first light. I love yhis, I love yhis, I love yhis... Big hug, big smooch XO now, go to sleep! Nite T Nite

Cookie

Reaction score
Boy, you are quick on that texting JASON... lol...

okay, a poptart! :)

Cookie

Reaction score
You guys are funny! I loved spending that time with you all. I am glad you liked the horns, :) Hi Jewels... lol. Have a nice day. Next time, drums. :)

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You guys are funny! I loved spending that time with you all. I am glad you liked the horns, :) Hi Jewels... lol. Have a nice day. Next time, drums. :)

Cookie, forgive me please, but this reads like a soliloquy, up until my reply:confused:

Cookie

Reaction score
ha ha ha ha ha, no, lol. How can I explain this so it makes sense? hmm. I have only volunteered my time, to a hospital, well, for some years now. And... on the other end of this is the hospital where the kids are like me, battling the Big C. They have through the years, not always the same kids, for some goes home, like my little buddy Jason just did this morning, but, they text me, or call me. I get to know them, and obviously, adore and love them. Well, Dr. Bb, the man who asked for my hand, knows, I write on this site, he is reading it. And, word got around, lol. So, now, for quite some time, they have been 'beggin" me to say hello, the, ( my kiddies in the hospital) LOVE to see their name on this thing. They are not allowed to submit back, for they are kids, and, that is okay, I don't care if I look like I am talking to myself, lol. Heck, stranger things in my life than that! So, I caved and just started saying, "hey" to them, they are LOVING every minute of it. Can you understand? I usually, just text back & forth, but, they asked me, if I would here. They are having fun, and so am I. I don't know how to explain it, but, on the other end of reading this thread, and some others, are one doctor, ( lol.) who already knows, I am nuts, lol, and, still loves me, and, about a half dozen of great nurses, and, LOADS of kids... One got from make a wish, a laptop, and hence, the story begins...

So, I hope no one gets upset or mad and, hoping Terry doesn't, but, the kids are having fun. Not to mention, ME.

I love talking to my little buddies and they love reading this stuff. It is good for them. you know? So, I HOPE, you understand and don't think, I am being silly because no one posts back, including some girlfriends of mine, ahem.. lol. but, that is okay, what can I say. Sometimes things, are not what they appear to be in life. This is maybe, one of those moments.

As always, if anyone objects, I can and will delete this thread, we all will understand. :)

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hey, I notice that chemo is good for making your hair grow out better when you are done with it. Pretty cool!

It also got rid of a rash I had on my forehead. So how does that work?

Cookie

Reaction score
Hey, I notice that chemo is good for making your hair grow out better when you are done with it. Pretty cool!

It also got rid of a rash I had on my forehead. So how does that work?

If you are serious, I got the answers Terry! lol.

Cookie

Reaction score
I got a text... lol, and, Donny wants to be a plumber when he grows up. And,he said to tell your son he likes to play base ball, too. Donny is good!

I got corrected, LOL, on another text... ( good thing I got unlimited texts) :) he said to tell you like, your son, he likes to play baseball, too, and yes, he is very good.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
We will text each other only, but, they wanted me to tell you thank you, they had fun Terry. :)

Just one quick note for them, " you guys are little HAMS" LOL.

Cookie

Reaction score
Yeah, I just tried to add something to a little kid's life, that is all. But, we figured out something else, and it will work, too. I don't think, I can delete threads anymore, so, just incase this one bugs people, maybe you better take it down to save the peace, :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks