GE Smartsoft model gxsf23z01 issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like a rebuild of the valve is in order, that is if the venturi is clean and all the parts are in the right spots.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
ok, in BR mode water is dripping out of the Venturi valve when I take off the Brine Line. Suggestions?
Remove the black flow control from the venturi if it has one. If the drip continues, buy a new gasket kit. It should come with the spider gasket, fig 8 o ring and drain seals.

creations15

Reaction score
I've cleaned the Venturi several times so I would guess at this point it is a valve issue? Sound right? The pieces can go in only one way with the plug fill/flow having the numbers pointed up as per the manual.

creations15

Reaction score
Also, again my water level hasn't fluctuated a bit through two recycles and the tank is about 1/2 full. Normal?

creations15

Reaction score
So I figured out the #113 plug was upside down. Would this be the issue? I changed it around so we will see what occurs.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
One side or the other is not going to matter on that flow control button.
It is a seal inside the valve that you are going to have to replace.

creations15

Reaction score
Is this something that a service technician will have to do or is it something mr. avg joe(me) can do?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Depends on your handy level...
What items have you taken apart, gotten the parts and put back together in working order?
What might be an hour for some might be half a day for others.
There are a number of home owners that do their own rebuilds and then there are others that could but have the tech come and do it because they would rather do other things.

creations15

Reaction score
I think I've taken the valve apart in the past. Can't remember. I haven't taken anything apart this go around. Just spoke to a tech. Told me to go buy a new one as GE doesn't make the parts anymore and he'd charge me $125 to come out and tell me that. Thought that was interesting. As I've stated before, I'm pretty handy/technical. Is it the figure 8 gasket the only issue or is it the entire #130 in this manual that needs replacing? http://products.geappliances.com/Ma...Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name=003674144.PDF

creations15

Reaction score
So just to confirm before I order this set of parts, I ran the entire cycle without stopping and advancing it and prior to drained water down to top of salt, which is maybe filled up in the bottom of the brine tank a foot at most, and just checked the water level after complete cycle and the water level has come up probably a foot to make the float switch trigger, so this is meaning that entire valve gasket kit needs replacing right? Nothing to do with Venturi?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks