Replacement Drain Kit (non-standard??)

Users who are viewing this thread

huge newb

Reaction score
Hi everyone - when I say I am a newbie, I mean REALLY new. I don't know all of the terminology so please forgive my ignorance. My husband and I decided to do some "easy" bathroom updates as I'm 9.5 months pregnant. Of course we ran into numerous issues.

First of all, we can't seem to find a replacement for the waste/drain kit that matches ours. My husband took the pipe to Ace to try to get the strainer part out and the guy that works there cracked the pvc pipe. We also looked at home depot, but cannot find a replacement. I have googled my heart out and cannot find ANYTHING similar. :(

Can you help?? What is this? Where can we find it or can we replace it? The bathroom is upstairs and to use a standard kit set up would run the drain pipe into floor joists.

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMAG1063.jpg
    IMAG1063.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 467

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You are correct in that it is not a standard plumbing component. You might need to identify the sink to find out if the proper replacement part can be found.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Doh.....

for whatever reason I had "sink" in my head and couldn't imagine why anyone would build such a thing. :eek:

huge newb

Reaction score
Thats a direct drain waste and overflow......well thats the bottom half of it.

What your looking for is in this link.

Its available in plastic or 17ga brass construction. I suggest using the 17ga brass.

Have a great night!

http://www.oateyscs.com/bath_waste/bw_pdf/BathWaste_brochure.pdf

Thanks so much!!!!! Thank goodness we have two bathrooms!

And pregnancy is 10 months long, 40 weeks. ;) I guess I should say I'm 38 weeks pregnant...less confusing! Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks