Fluidmaster ballcock

Users who are viewing this thread

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
American standard used some fluidmaster ballcocks but the were not the normal 400 model. Anyone else see these? I was curious what model number that style was. The float did not travel straight up and down,the float would travel on an arch.

Plumber111

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks. No, don't see them here. Or not yet anyway. It's a later model with the .com cast into it.

Why the the heck would they make this? Their bread and butter valve covers about every tank scenario I can think of. Compact and out of the way of the other workings.

Some sort of experimental run to get ready to change the whole line? Headscratcher...

Gusherb94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Don't mean to resurrect an old thread but this strikes my curiosity and I have a few guesses. First of all, does anyone know what model Amstd that is? Perhaps the OP can chime in. From that picture it appears as though it's set to a fixed water level? At least I can't see any way to adjust it from here. If that IS the case then I can see them doing this for ease of installation and to prevent water level tampering. It probably still uses the same old Fluidmaster seal that were accustomed to.

Last edited:

Hackneyplumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
Don't mean to resurrect an old thread but this strikes my curiosity and I have a few guesses. First of all, does anyone know what model Amstd that is? Perhaps the OP can chime in. From that picture it appears as though it's set to a fixed water level? At least I can't see any way to adjust it from here. If that IS the case then I can see them doing this for ease of installation and to prevent water level tampering. It probably still uses the same old Fluidmaster seal that were accustomed to.

I don't remember what model American standard tank it was in.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Perhaps they made it because the design uses fewer or less-expensive parts, or requires less labor, to make.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks