Quesnel Lake on Easter Weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Quesnel Lake on Easter Weekend, breaking through the ice to stay for a week. We took two boats over, one with logs positioned around it to break the ice, and we kids followed in the second boat. My mother was standing on the logs outside the boat, adding weight and jumping to make the ice break. She almost fell in. Which would have been bad, but the funny part was when we came back a week later and we couldn't make headway off from shore. She pulled her pants off and jumped into the water up to her waist and shoved the boats out. It was an hour across the frozen lake to the cold car waiting at the boat ramp. At the tail end of the week, just in time for Easter Sunday, we had ten inches of snow.

quesnel_boat_in_ice2.jpg

I'm at the top right.
Shannon and Randy in the front, and my brother Jamie and I standing up.
quesnel_boat_iced_over.jpg

The boat left overnight got a little iced over. This is the boat we're going home on next week.
quesnel_boat_iced_over2.jpg

It was pretty cold that week.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Is he maybe barrel fishing? :) Now, those are great pictures. I love how clear the water is you can see under the ice, and your mom is like I always said, "one great lady." She is so unique.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Is he maybe barrel fishing? No, but it's a gun of some sort. It could be a pellet gun, which is what the kids used more, or something big. We did have Grizzly bears on the peninsula. We had one bear try to break down the front door while were we inside. He was on the front porch pushing his body against the door. The outhouse is higher on the hill near to the woods.

quesnel_cabin_in_snow.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks