Potasium Permagnate Filter

Users who are viewing this thread

Russell Beach

Reaction score
So I have a Green Sand filter and a water softner . I installed it about 5 years ago. The system works perfectly with one exception. The container that I put the Potasium Permagnate in overflows. ( I should probably clean it). What is the Safest way to clean this without getting purple stain all over me ?

Thank You

Chad Schloss

Reaction score
i had one of those awhile ago. they were no fun. i can even remember getting purple water out of the tap somehow. freaked me right out :)

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The cause of the tank overflowing is usually due to the control valve not sucking the amount of water out of it that it is supposed to and then the valve adds that amount which over time causes an overflow.

A list of normal causes; loose brine line connections, kinked/blocked/frozen drain line, blocked injector and/or inject throat, leaking brine valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks