Pex Vanguard Manabloc manifold ... which type and diameter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Racebannon

Reaction score
Hi:

I'm planning on getting a new house built in Alberta, and I would like to know what MANABLOC PEX Plumbing System to get. On the pex supply site there are three kinds listed:

http://www.pexsupply.com/MANABLOC-PEX-Plumbing-System-760000

Compression Connections
Brass PEX Crimp
PEX Press

So which one should I get?

[video=youtube;uHus_gWbznU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHus_gWbznU[/video]

Their website states: The PEX Crimp System and PEX Clamp System are the most simple and most often used by DIY's, however they are also popular with professionals in certain areas of the country.

Also, what diameter should I get?

1/2 inch
3/8 inch
Combo unit with 1/2 and 3/8 inch

Are these standarded sizes for Canada?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

LiquidPlumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
I gotta tell ya, One tract builder here was putting in manifold systems and I have yet to figure out what the advantage is. Perhaps you could explain to me why you want this setup cause i just dont see it.
I would go with brass crimp, but thats only cause Ive been putting in brass fittings with crimp rings for 15 years and have never had a failure at the joint.
I also dont get the 1/2 and 3/8 sizing.. 3/8 is fixture supply line size. do you mean to tell me that your going to run rolls of supply line from each fixture back to this manifold all over your house? Seems totally nutty. Also, the manifold system by design has to use considerable more pipe to plumb a house. more pipe, more potential for leaks. Again, I dont get it. Maybe someone else here has some input specific to your question, and maybe they could tell me why anyone would plumb this way?

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I hate manabloc systems. Waste of pipe and materials. Run separate manifolds near where the fixtures are located.

Racebannon

Reaction score
Well the purpose of the manifold is to have the ability to do individual runs to each faucet (saw it on a Mike Holmes show). Most water leaks occur at connections, and with this sort of system you minimize the number of joins. Also, it minimizes temperature and pressure fluctuations. As for requiring more pex tubing, how much of an impact will that really be? Even if you use three 100 foot coils, that's only around 80 dollars. It also reduces waste water as wait time for hot water is significantly decreased, so really a one time cost for long term efficiency.

Thanks Hackney for the answer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks