Cherney 2 " test ball shower liner leak test

Users who are viewing this thread

Emil Volk

Reaction score
I am going to perform a leak test on a shower liner with the 2" Cherney test ball. First you place the deflated ball up in the shower drainpipe. Then the pump is used to inflate the ball.

Can anyone tell me whether water is then added to the shower liner and the inflated ball remains connected to the pump underwater or after pumping the ball up is the pump first disconnected? Then the water in run into the shower liner.

EMIL

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Disconnect the pump after inflating the ball. Many air pumps will leak a little
back through the check valve.

LiquidPlumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would think that you would want to disconnect the pump so you could be sure it wasnt causing the ball to leak down slowly. use some spit on the valve to make sure the ball isnt slowly leaking. spit bubbles will show you a leak. Test your liner in whatever fashion you normally would.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
As long as you disconnect the pump from the hose, and do it quickly or the ball will deflate on you, it makes no difference whether it is done before or after the water is placed in the liner.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks