Moen, Monticello Need help removing bath/shower cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

patiodadio

Reaction score
New to this board and to plumbing in general so any help would be great. I have a two stem (hot/cold) shower/bath faucet set up and I am unable to get the hot to shut all the way off - figuring it is the cartridge. I took off the handle and have provided pictures of the what everything looks like. Here are my questions:
1) Who manufactures my handles - there is no indications on the handles or the spout
2) Who manufactures the cartridge?
3) How do I get the cartridge out? If is stuck, what then?
4) I need to replace the handles/spout as well (broken internals on both), any recommendations that would fit the piping in the pictures?
5) How difficult is it to install new faucets?
Once again, I am stuck and would like to avoid paying someone to do this work if it is pretty straightforward.
Thanks,
Tim
Pictures:
picture 1.jpgpicture 4.jpgpicture 3.jpg

Attachments

• picture 5.jpg
    picture 5.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 585

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
Its a moen. The stems are held in by a plastic ring......(moen junk) they make a tool that inserts and you unscrew it. You can make a wrench for it also with some coppa pipe. Call Moen and they will have everything you need,including the handle rebuild kit and the wrench to install the new stems they will send you. I'm sure they will send you a spout also.

Thats a Monticello. Two handle tub and shower valve. polished brass and chrome.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks